Sinclair Broadcast Group is seeking a Staff Accountant to provide accounting services for our television stations, sports networks and other businesses. This position will provide support for lease accounting including the new guidance under ASC 842.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain lease subledger for both expense & revenue leases making updates for new leases, amendments, extensions, and terminations.
- Ensure supporting lease documentation and lease milestones are set up correctly for all leases.
- Ability to analyze real estate leases and identify important agreement terms such as key dates, payment / billing requirements, incentives, etc.
- Perform monthly rent rolls for payments and billings.
- Provide support to our accounts payable, accounts receivables and station personnel related to lease postings.
- Prepare the quarterly lease reporting and disclosure packages.
- Prepare monthly journal entries and supporting schedules for associated lease activities.
- Complete ad-hoc projects to support the Corporate Accounting team as necessary
- Assist in gathering appropriate work papers and schedules for both internal and external auditor requests and provide in a timely manner.
- Assist with set up of new vendors or customers when associated contract requires it
- Lead monthly conference calls with legal and facilities team to discuss lease changes
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- 2+ years of accounting experience
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and communication skills
- Strong aptitude for accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, professional environment
- Desire and ability to work in a team environment and communicate well with others
- Advanced Excel skills required
- Experience with Lease Query software a plus
- Experience with Oracle is a plus
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We're at the forefront of NextGen technology, enabling innovative new ways to engage with broadcast content like never before. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let's talk.