Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
Sinclair has an exciting opportunity for a SQL Developer. We are searching for a creative individual with an understanding that development is an iterative process and enjoys the challenge of solving unique reporting and integration issues. Under the direction of the Software Development Manager, the SQL Developer actively supports all database aspects of project activity through the System Development Life Cycle.
Their primary role will be developing T-SQL and PL/SQL code in Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle database systems. Although this is not a DBA role, you will additionally assist the Senior SQL Database Administrator with the goal of cultivating your administration skills and rounding out our database management team. The enterprise systems that the position will be exposed to range from large ERP databases to highly transactional sales systems to data warehousing and reporting systems, each with many integrations and dependencies. These systems support both our business and media operations and service thousands of internal and external customers. In addition, this position would also assist in QA activities to gain exposure to application UI to round out this role.
- Create packages, reports, procedures, and functions inside various on premise and cloud database systems
- Build, maintain and enhance integrations between our databases and partner systems to support the full stack application development team
- Review the quality and integrity of data collected for decision-making and work with the development staff to ensure consistent reporting of information
- Investigate and solve reporting issues
- Maintain documentation on integration design, including relationship diagrams, package documentation, and maintenance manuals
- After hours emergency problem resolution will be required occasionally; however, the position does not typically require after-hours work
- Review and analyze the reporting environment, and make recommendations for improvements and upgrades
- Expert level SQL skills to include SQL/T-SQL scripting
- Experience writing and troubleshooting complex SQL queries
- Experience creating and managing automated jobs
- Familiarity with PL/SQL with a strong understanding of ANSI SQL
- Experience developing, deploying and maintaining SSRS reports and SSIS packages
- Experience managing ETL process for all reporting functions
- Exposure to Oracle ERP database systems
- Exposure to Windows PowerShell with an emphasis on Active Directory and SQL modules
- Strong collaboration and communication skills
- Knowledge of Power BI, Access and MySQL
Job Location Hunt Valley, Maryland, United States
Company Location HR.SINCLAIR, Lakefront.Headquarters.Hunt Valley.MD
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Meet Some of Sinclair Broadcast Group's Employees
Ansley reports on stories that focus on the triumph of the human spirit in the face of adversity, people’s hobbies, and local businesses for Good Afternoon Arkansas at KATV.
Back to top