Sports Anchor/Reporter (8828)
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
WJAC-TV has an exciting opportunity for a full time Sports Anchor / MMJ. Join the number one team and cover exciting local sports and top collegiate programs such as Penn State and Pitt, as well as professional sports that include teams in Pittsburgh. You will be required to produce daily content on a variety of platforms including the internet and social networks, along with performing other duties as assigned by the news managers. Ability to work under deadline and on a flexible schedule that will include evenings and/or weekends is required. Your responsibilities as a Sports MMJ will include reporting, shooting and editing sport stories, enterprising story ideas, developing contacts, as well as other responsibilities as assigned.
- A strong writer
- The ability to work well with others
- A self-starter and who can generate his or her own sports story ideas on a daily basis
- The ability to demonstrate enterprise sports reporting and creativity in story-telling
- Exemplary communication skills
- Strong writing and copy editing skills are a must
- Must be able to work well under deadline pressure
- You must have and maintain a valid driver's license and a good driving record
- A real interest and determination to stay informed of local sports teams.
- Previous anchoring experience is desired
- The ideal candidate should have considerable live shot experience
- Previous experience working in a team environment is a must
- Proven knowledge and experience working with current media creation tools and contemporary newsroom systems
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Meet Some of Sinclair Broadcast Group's Employees
Nicole designs national ad campaigns and sales collateral. She collaborates with other designers to ensure their clients are given strong ad campaigns to showcase their companies.
Back to top