Special Projects Producer
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
KATU-TV in Portland, Oregon is seeking a creative and experienced Special Projects Producer to lead the promotion of our News. Qualified candidates must be able to create, conceptualize, script, shoot and edit News promotion, content and branding materials. Live production experience is a plus. The ability to work well with Producers, Editors, and on-air Talent is a must.
- Write captivating copy targeted to your unique audience and reinforcing KATU-TV's brand
- Write and produce compelling daily content, coordinate with digital staff on online promotion and web versions, and work with digital team for online promotion strategies
- Manage dedicated special projects producer/photographer team
- Produce daily news topical promos, image campaigns and syndicated promotions
- Participate in station events including appearances within the community, coordinate and communicate with station partners for fundraising and public image events
- Create and maintain the "brand" identity in the market
- Demonstrate strong producer skills to further department creativity and to create sales and support materials
- Actively engage in multiple social media platforms
- Formulate long-term news plans, schedule and organize talent and staff, proof and copy-edit stories, conceptualize and order news and studio graphics
- Cultivate sources in the community
- Produce special newscasts for holidays and special occasions (Back 2 School, Everyday Heroes, Health and Wellness)
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Non-linear editing experience (Avid non-linear editing experience is preferred)
- Extensive shooting and scripting of both short and long form spots
- Ability to write, shoot and edit content that tells a compelling story
- A strong understanding of fundamental design, sense of color, typography and composition
- Advanced knowledge of the post-production process, including media management and encoding video to various formats
- Advanced knowledge of High-definition (HD) cameras and videography, motion graphics and creative lighting techniques
- Ability to maintain digital assets, archives and edit systems
Attn: News Director
2153 N.E. Sandy Boulevard
Portland, OR 97232 Please, no phone calls.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Job Location Portland, Oregon, United States
Company Location HR.KATU/KUNP.Portland OR.Portland.OR
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Back to top