Special Projects Editor (5858)
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country today. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to 162 stations located in 79 geographically diverse markets and our Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
Sinclair Broadcast Group Corporate News Division is seeking a creative and dedicated full-time Special Projects Editor who will work within a Corporate-based Special Projects Unit on investigative reports about the education system. This assignment will be a two-year project. Are you a video editor ready to use your skills to craft powerful, network-level pieces? Are you a wizard with After Effects who likes to push yourself with each production? Do you know how to create memorable television using sound, images, and graphics? If so, we're looking for you. This position will report to the Executive Producer of Investigative Projects during the duration of this investigative initiative.
- Flawlessly edit material for broadcast, web and other platforms for the project, including packages, voice overs, show opens, bumps, digital-only content and promotional material.
- Conceptualize story presentation with reporters, photographers, producers and management team.
- Work directly with other SBG News Operations.
- Manage digital assets, and archive video for future use.
- Meet production deadlines.
- Other duties as assigned.
- At least five years of professional editing experience in news, preferably for network or major local television news operations.
- Proven record of building creative and memorable news or magazine-style packages.
- Exceptional ability to tell stories using images and sound.
- Expertise in Nonlinear Editing and After Effects.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a professional manner.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Meet Some of Sinclair Broadcast Group's Employees
Nicole designs national ad campaigns and sales collateral. She collaborates with other designers to ensure their clients are given strong ad campaigns to showcase their companies.
Back to top