KATU/KUNP is looking for a Spanish Language weather anchor/ Multimedia Journalist (MMJ). Your responsibilities as a weather anchor include creating forecasts and presenting weather for one broadcast and for digital formats each day. In addition, as an MMJ, you will include reporting, shooting and editing news stories 1-2 times a week that include station projects and working with station partners. You will be enterprising story ideas, developing contacts, as well as other responsibilities as assigned. You will be expected to produce daily content on a variety of platforms including the internet, social networking sites and mobile phones, in addition to television.
Skills and Experience:
- Proficient in Spanish language, both spoken and written. This is essential to be considered.
- Strong on camera presentational skills.
- General understanding of basic premises of presenting the weather story of the day, using the weather tools in the station, including understanding weather models and creating graphics to illustrate the weather story.
- Sharp news judgment
- Excellent technical skills
- Knowledge and use of social media; Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tik-Tok, YouTube
- The ability to work well independently
- Must have and maintain a valid license and a good driving record
- A minimum of 2 years reporting experience is required
- Weather forecast training. A meteorologist degree is not required if you have on camera experience as a forecaster in a commercial broadcast tv station
- Experience with live shots is required
- Experience with Live-U is a plus
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We're at the forefront of NextGen technology, enabling innovative new ways to engage with broadcast content like never before. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let's talk.