Software Engineer - OTT Platform
Make your mark in the broadcast and digital media landscape!
Sinclair Digital is transforming how local news and television is produced, distributed, and consumed. We are the digital innovation team for the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country, with affiliations to all major networks and more local television stations than anyone else. Sinclair Digital's software engineers work together to solve complex problems around delivering news and entertainment to audiences across the country. Our digital portfolio combines websites, mobile apps, over-the-top (OTT) apps, and our content publishing platform into a seamless user experience. We take pride in our charter to transform Sinclair Broadcast Group from a broadcast-centric company into an every-platform enterprise while maintaining our entrepreneurial spirit.
The OTT Platform Team supports services for all of our current and future OTT products. It includes features such as Show and Episode publishing workflows, EPG creation and management, and Linear Feed ingestion, creation and management. Our goal is to provide a rich feature set of publishing tools for OTT producers to easily deliver content to end users on an array of devices.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Help to design and develop the application platforms and the tools which simplifies performance and reliability engineering.
- Work with the team to develop platform systems that are architecturally sound, performant, scalable, secure, highly available, and reliable.
- Follow and adhere to quality standards and software specifications
- Commit and deliver features that are secure, scalable, reliable, and performant on a regular cadence.
- Contribute to and actively participate in all team ceremonies
- Collaborate with team members and contribute positively to the company culture
- Provide actionable solutions to new discoveries or technical hurdles.
- Operationally support your teams products
- Participate in design and code reviews, following established quality and best software development practices
- Maintain middle tier applications/services in PHP/Node
- 1-8 years software development experience
- Experience working on highly scalable and reliable server-side web services
- Experience working on complex distributed systems
- Previous experience working in a continuous delivery workflow.
- Experience with writing both Unit and Automated tests
- Experience Coding, Testing and Deploying environments with Java and serverless backend services.
- Ability to code in a variety of programming languages associated frameworks like PHP (Laravel, symphony, etc ) , Node
- Experience with AWS and cloud systems (EC2, VPC, ECS, S3, RDS, EKS, API gateway, Cloudsearch )
- Strong knowledge of and experience with using web services, REST, and web protocols
Job Location Seattle, Washington, United States
Company Location HR.SINCLAIR SEATTLE INTERACTIVE.Remote.Seattle.WA
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Back to top