Software Engineer, Front-End (React)
Make your mark in the broadcast and digital media landscape!
Sinclair Digital is transforming how local news and television is produced, distributed, and consumed. We are the digital innovation team for the largest and most diversified broadcasting company in the country, with affiliations to all major networks and more local television stations than anyone else. Sinclair Digital's software engineers work together to solve complex problems around delivering news and entertainment to audiences across the country. Our digital portfolio combines websites, mobile apps, over-the-top (OTT) apps, and our content publishing platform into a seamless user experience. We take pride in our charter to transform Sinclair Broadcast Group from a broadcast-centric company into an every-platform enterprise while maintaining our entrepreneurial spirit.
The Audience Experience Team is looking for an Front-End Software Engineer to implement new technical initiatives and deliver cutting edge solutions. This person will develop rich and exciting digital media experiences, evaluate and champion new technologies, and push industry best practices in a high-visibility technically innovative group. The ideal candidate will be passionate about media and technology and have 2+ years of hands-on enterprise development experience.
- Develop amazing user experiences
- Iterate quickly and ship code frequently
- Help the team to design, develop, test, and deliver software
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables
- Research and pioneer the adoption and use of new technologies
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent practical experience
- Experience building web applications with React JS that have been successfully delivered to users
- Strong knowledge of web design patterns and standards, REST and HTTP interaction, and the software development life cycle
- A collaborative, flexible, positive mindset
- A great eye for detail
- Passion to continue learning development techniques and technologies
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English
- Exceptional troubleshooting abilities
- Experience with developing automated internal frameworks or developer tools to increase developer release velocity or improve code health
- Master's degree or further education or experience in engineering, computer science or other technical related field
Job Location Seattle, Washington, United States
Company Location HR.SINCLAIR SEATTLE INTERACTIVE.Remote.Seattle.WA
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Meet Some of Sinclair Broadcast Group's Employees
Ansley reports on stories that focus on the triumph of the human spirit in the face of adversity, people’s hobbies, and local businesses for Good Afternoon Arkansas at KATV.
Back to top