Software Development Engineer II
We are one of the largest and most diversified television broadcasting companies in the country. We own and operate, programs or provides sales services to more television stations than anyone and we are the leading local news provider in the country. In the digital space, we bring that content to more than 40 million people, and that number is growing. We're building experiences that make content come alive wherever it's delivered. We are creating new technologies that help make media more connected.
We are looking for a Senior Engineer to help us extend and enhance our platform. This person is an individual contributor who enjoys writing high-quality software as part of a team, a mentor that thrives on growing and improving the team as well as the software, a self-described Maker who loves being able to make decisions that matter, a person that loves watching large complex systems behave well and hates being paged at 3am.
- Mentor and grow the engineering disciplinein the team
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve the software.
- Help manage project priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
- Several years of software industry experience, showing a steady upward career progression in the art of Software Engineering.
- Deployed and supported software at a large scale, and dealt with the problems, failures, and bugs that resulted
- Strong expertise in several general-purpose programming languagesincluding Java
- Established background designing and implementing applications and services
- Consistently delivers high-quality software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills necessary for team collaboration
- Deep experience with cloud-based services, especially AWS
- Experience with RDMSs and exposure toNoSql systems
- Experience in the Media Space
There are few companies that can provide the breadth and depth of audience impact and scope of work that Sinclair can. Sinclair Digital is transforming how television is produced, distributed, and consumed. We are the innovation team for the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country, with more local television stations than anyone and affiliations with all major networks. Our multidisciplinary team works together to create elegant solutions to the complex problems around delivering the most trusted, empathic, engaging, quality news, information, and entertainment to web, mobile, broadcast, and over-the-top (OTT) media distribution to audiences all over the country. Our digital portfolio combines websites, mobile apps, over-the-top (OTT) apps, a content management and publishing platform into a seamless user experience. We run lean, move with agility, and take pride in our charter to transform the Sinclair Broadcast Group from a broadcast-centric company into an omni-platform enterprise while maintaining our corporate entrepreneurial spirit.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Job Location Seattle, Washington, United States
Company Location HR.SINCLAIR SEATTLE INTERACTIVE.Remote.Seattle.WA
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Back to top