Software Development Engineer (8769)
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
Sinclair Digital is looking for a Software Development Engineer to lead technical implementation across the group in disciplines including media asset management, content management, and e-commerce. He or she will report to the Director of Platform Engineering and will be responsible for establishing and maintaining software best practices, coding standards, SOA architecture, and assisting with tool and technology evaluations that will dictate execution for the team. The successful candidate will be passionate about media and technology and have great hands-on technical, leadership, and communication skills. Help to drive the technology culture at Sinclair Digital and help steer test-driven development, agile processes, and a design-first engineering culture that is constantly experimenting and learning.
Job Skills and Requirements:
- Architecture Design and Documentation
- Java Platform and Development
- Relational Databases
- Continuous Deployment/Integration
- High Availability Architectures
- SOA Concepts and Architectures
- Exposure to concepts such as ORM, NoSQL databases, Relational Databases and schema design, business intelligence concepts and tools
- Event-based messaging and architecture will be crucial to success as a leader here
- Exposure to other server-side languages and tools such as node.js, angular.js, PHP, are also a plus, particular with regard to scaling
- Heavy exposure to AWS and other cloud-based architecture components, continuous integration, and continuous deployment is also important to us
- The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of hands on experience with enterprise technologies
- He or she needs proven experience with cloud-based infrastructure, scaling, high-availability and secure, mission-critical systems.
- Experience with Java EE platform, REST and SOAP based web services, automated testing, and UML case tools are critical
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Meet Some of Sinclair Broadcast Group's Employees
Director of Digital and National News
Our mission statement is connecting people with content everywhere.
Back to top