Social Media Manager
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
WJLA-TV is seeking an energetic, and creative Social Media Manager. Daily, this role will be tasked with coordinating with reporters in the field to build their stories throughout the day so web and social content is fresh and timely on our site and will fit the speed needed to update online web content in today's media landscape.
Additionally, this role will be charged daily with finding the most engaging social content on the web to share on our station social platforms in attempt to increase total social actions from our audience. As we continue to try to increase our station's web and social presence, this role will be vital to not only educating our talent but also driving social metrics for the station.
Some of the duties of this role include:
- Leading social media posting and strategy, coordinating and putting together plans for big social events
- Coordinating and leading social training sessions for talent
- Deeply diving into web and social analytics of not just our station but also our competition, to see where we can improve and what we should change about our overall social strategy
- Work with reporters in field to build stories from social content throughout the day
- Look for viral, shareable content online that can increase web traffic and social engagement
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Job Location Arlington, Virginia, United States
Company Location HR.WJLA.Washington DC.Arlington.VA
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Back to top