Social Media Lead (8652)
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
KUTV has an immediate opening for a creative Social Media Lead/Web Producer. The candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day production of content and social media direction for the station's website, KUTV.com, and digital properties. This position will also work closely with the Executive Producer, Director, and Assignment Desk to create content. In this position you will determine the content and flow of social media content.
The ideal candidate for this position will have experience working at a professional news organization, possess solid news judgment, be a compelling and accurate writer, and be able to multitask and manage their time, in order to put together an exciting and informative newscast. You must be able to work in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment.
- 2+ years' news experience in a fast-paced digital environment.
- Extensive experience creating digital news content including content for web, mobile, and social media.
- Experience working with editorial and sales teams to execute digital strategies across multiple departments.
- Background or working knowledge in graphic design, web design, and html.
- In-depth knowledge of social networking sites and personal media usage.
- Producing digital content for multiple platforms, including a variety of social media, mobile and website.
- Knowledge of Facebook's Open Graph, and Facebook/Twitter API's
- Visual design skills and experience using Adobe Creative Suite
- Extreme multitasker with an ability to juggle multiple projects and priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- Strong oral and written communication.
- Knowledge of social contesting tools a plus
The candidate must have at least 2 years of previous news producing experience at a commercial TV station. The candidate must also have strong leadership skills, excellent communication skills, and the ability to execute news strategies and goals in daily newscasts. Flexibility and on-the-spot problems solving abilities are a must. Journalism degree preferred. You should also be proficient with non-linear editing (i.e. Avid) and newsroom systems such as iNews.
When applying online, please include a recent web link of your work. If you do not have a link to your work, please apply online and then send a non-returnable DVD of a recent newscast to:
Attn: News Director
299 South Main St. Suite 150
Salt Lake City, Utah 84111 Please, no phone calls.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Meet Some of Sinclair Broadcast Group's Employees
Nicole designs national ad campaigns and sales collateral. She collaborates with other designers to ensure their clients are given strong ad campaigns to showcase their companies.
Back to top