Marquee Sports Network is the exclusive television home of the Chicago Cubs in partnership with Sinclair Broadcast Group (Nasdaq: SBGI). We are the Chicago-region's exclusive network for fans to view live Cubs games and also feature extensive pre and postgame coverage, exclusive Cubs content and other local sports programming. Marquee Sports Network also is a network partner of the 2021 WNBA Champion Chicago Sky.
This paid internship will present the opportunity to both learn more about the strategy of social media and express your creativity in the social realm. As a part of the Marketing Department, you will also assist in various tasks to help promote our network programming and team coverage. The ideal candidate is looking to pursue a career in sports media and arrive with select skills that can be sharpened during your time at Marquee Sports Network.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with social media strategy and content creation for Marquee Sports Network platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn
- Monitor Marquee Sports Network social feeds during games, keeping a pulse on the conversation among Chicago Cubs (MLB and MiLB) and Chicago Sky followings
- Using Sprout Social to pull analytical reports and sharing findings with rest of team, as well as tagging social content to track performance across platforms
- Use Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere, Photoshop, etc.) to assist in content creation
- Closely follow all Chicago sports news
- Other Marketing duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Punctual, regular and consistent attendance
- Ability to be productive while working in the office or in a remote environment
- Current student in attendance at an accredited university or college
- Prior experience in social media management (Twitter, Facebook and Instagram)
- Experience in Adobe Suite (Premiere, Photoshop, Illustrator) preferred
- Limited experience with Sprout Social or another social analytics platform
- Social media savviness and ability to convey a message in a short form
- Prior experience producing sports-related video content preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; previous sports writing experience a plus
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to produce quality content
- Passionate about sports with a knowledge of baseball and basketball
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Ability to receive feedback from others and apply it to the work
- High productivity when working independently and while collaborating with others
- Ability to work nights and weekends
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We're at the forefront of NextGen technology, enabling innovative new ways to engage with broadcast content like never before. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let's talk.