Marquee Sports Network is the exclusive television home of the Chicago Cubs in partnership with Sinclair Broadcast Group (Nasdaq: SBGI). We are the Chicago-region's exclusive network for fans to view live Cubs games and also feature extensive pre and postgame coverage, exclusive Cubs content and other local sports programming. Marquee Sports Network also is a network partner of the 2021 WNBA Champion Chicago Sky.
The Social Media Coordinator will assist with day-to-day Social Media & Digital operations during the 2023 Cubs baseball season. As part of the Marketing department, you will assist in various tasks to help promote our network programming and team coverage.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with social media strategy, ideation, execution, and management of Marquee Sports Network social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn
- Assist in gameday coverage of Chicago Cubs (MLB and MiLB) and Chicago Sky games
- Create and edit content (graphics, videos, etc.) for social and digital platforms (Adobe Creative Suite)
- Coordinate with other members of marketing, production teams to develop and execute social / digital content
- Assist social media managers in maintaining organizational social media calendar
- Identify emerging trends as well as industry standards and incorporate into creative and social content
- Stay up to date with sports news, specifically in the Chicago market
- Assist in uploading photo and video content from all games and events into PhotoShelter
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree study in a related program strongly preferred
- Experience running a brand or team's social media preferred
- Experience with content creation, preferably with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Premiere, InDesign) required
- Background in photography/video preferred
- Demonstrated passion for sports and understanding for baseball and basketball
- Experience with Sprout Social or another social analytics platform preferred
- Strong interpersonal, organization and customer service skills
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Possess a professional attitude that is customer service oriented
- Ability to work nights and weekends
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We're at the forefront of NextGen technology, enabling innovative new ways to engage with broadcast content like never before. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let's talk.