Social Media Coordinator (7529)
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
At Sinclair Broadcast Group, our mission is to connect people with content everywhere – and a core part of this mission involves social media. We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country and Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair!
We are looking for a skilled and highly motivated Social Media Coordinator to join our corporate social media team. The Social Media Coordinator’s primary responsibilities will be assisting our local stations, on-air talent, and digital content properties across the United States with social media strategy. They will be tasked with aiding the growth of our stations’ social media on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. with an in-service approach. Ideal candidates will be able to analyze and understand social media data to help stations and on-air talent enhance content decisions through collaboration. In addition, you will assist the Social Media Manager and Social Media Director in implementing all efforts for the team.
- Serve as a social media expert, staying on top of current social media trends to ensure our stations content efforts are cutting-edge.
- Knowledge of current news events.
- Coordinator for multiple local news brands, assisting with station and on-air talent account creation and management.
- Assist news and digital content properties with the growth and development of their social media accounts by delivering consultations, evaluations, recommendations, and trainings on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and other social media channels.
- Track and reports social media analytics for stations, and prepares reports for stations and other internal stakeholders as needed.
- Conduct market research, and collects data on competing brands and trends.
- Assists with internal project management and social media content tasks as assigned.
- 1-2 years of experience in social media for a public brand or brands.
- Detail-oriented with strong project management, organization, and time management skills.
- A passion for teamwork and customer service.
- Ability to spot trends in social media and prepare to evolve our strategies accordingly.
- Knowledge of social media advertising campaigns for brands.
- Strong analytical skills, strategic thinker with attention to detail.
- Intermediate experience with Microsoft Office, specifically Excel
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite and video editing a plus.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Meet Some of Sinclair Broadcast Group's Employees
Abiezer directs live productions of KOMO TV’s news segments for viewers across the greater Seattle area. He prepares the news visuals and works alongside producers.
Back to top