Bally Sports' mission is to build a transformative, participatory sports platform, anchored by the most exclusive and relevant live professional games, that provides fans a year-round opportunity to engage with content and communities they are most passionate about. We are looking for an experienced engineer who can build and lead a team that oversees and manages the successful development of multiple, key marketing, product, engineering and other complex business initiatives. This leader will work across a variety of stakeholder groups while managing an overall program roadmap and the execution of multiple project workstreams. This leader will maintain a strategic program view and be comfortable working hands-on multiple projects as the service evolves from launch.
Site Reliability Engineer, Bally Sports+
- Apply your deep knowledge and experience with troubleshooting practices to prevent and solve issues during live sports events.
- The position will have flexible working hours that follow Live event schedules. Candidate is expected to work in shifts.
- Work in parallel with our DOC (Digital Operations Center to monitor events on multiple devices.
- Pull, read, understand Charles logs.
- Help identify root cause(s) of incidents. Identify steps to mitigate the impact of any future recurrences.
- Gather device console logs from native front-end applications (iOS, Android, tvOS, AndroidTV, FireTV, Roku, Xbox, Tizen, Responsive Web).
- Configure various technical dashboard/observability platforms. Configure dashboards & alerting capabilities.
- Continuously monitor Conviva scores on all supported devices. Proactively escalate potential problems and work with engineering teams to address problems/improve streaming quality.
- Lead communication on outage bridges during real time outages.
- Lead technical troubleshooting/triaging conversations with external vendors/partners during outages.
- Send regular communication / updates during ongoing outages.
- Send technical incident notifications.
- Lead RCA analysis and distribute findings to internal stakeholders.
- 5+ years support experience in Live video streaming services.
- The successful candidate must be able to proactively understand and troubleshoot the workflow while keeping a high focus on Live operations, including the ability to quickly react and report any urgent matters.
- Experience in a live sports channel origination and distribution environment.
- Experience with on-air master control environment.
- Deep understanding of SCTE 104/ SCTE 35 / SCTE224.
- Deep understanding of OTT and Streaming Workflows.
- Experience with Harmonic VOS platform
- Experience with Conviva Analytics Platform
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We're at the forefront of NextGen technology, enabling innovative new ways to engage with broadcast content like never before. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let's talk.