Senior UX Developer (8057)
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
Sinclair Digital is looking for a Senior UX Developer. He or she will report to the Software Development Manager over Audience Experience and will be responsible for contributing to and helping to maintain multiple web properties. The successful candidate will be passionate about media and technology and have great hands-on technical, leadership, and communication skills. He or she will participate in the technology culture at Sinclair Digital and follow test-driven development, agile processes, and a design-first engineering culture that is constantly experimenting and learning.
- Work on 200+ web properties built with both single page application development and standard multi-page web development
- Contribute to and follow best practices for high quality software development and defect management
- Contribute to and follow Test-Driven Development (TDD) practices
- Develop new technical features from ideation through delivery and partner integration
- Suggest and implement technology and tools for both audience facing websites and internal build processes
- Success developing high-volume, highly scalable software
- Experience with agile development practices and the Scrum Methodology
- Experience with Atlassian Suite, including JIRA and Stash/Bitbucket
- Proven ability to follow practices that ensure reliability, adaptability and sustainability
- Strong collaboration and communications skills, both written and verbal
- Track record of delivering exceptional results
Additional Skills (not required)
- Experience with Node.js, Backbone.js, Java, PHP, and/or NoSQL
- Experience with AWS and other cloud auto-scaling capabilities
- Experience React and or other templating/MVC frameworks
The ideal candidate will have 6+ years of hands on experience with web development. He or she needs proven experience with Single Page Applications and Multi-Page Websites. Experience with REST and SOAP based web services, automated testing, and UML case tools are a plus. And some experience with AWS and or other cloud-based architecture components, continuous integration, and continuous deployment.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Meet Some of Sinclair Broadcast Group's Employees
Director of Digital and National News
Our mission statement is connecting people with content everywhere.
Back to top