Senior Software Engineer, Mobile (iOS)
Make your mark in the broadcast and digital media landscape!
Sinclair Digital is transforming how local news and television is produced, distributed, and consumed. We are the digital innovation team for the largest and most diversified broadcasting company in the country, with affiliations to all major networks and more local television stations than anyone else. Sinclair Digital's software engineers work together to solve complex problems around delivering news and entertainment to audiences across the country. Our digital portfolio combines websites, mobile apps, over-the-top (OTT) apps, and our content publishing platform into a seamless user experience. We take pride in our charter to transform Sinclair Broadcast Group from a broadcast-centric company into an every-platform enterprise while maintaining our entrepreneurial spirit.
The Mobile Experience Team is looking for an experienced Senior iOS Software Engineer to lead the implementation of new technical initiatives and delivery of cutting edge solutions. This role will drive development of rich and exciting digital media experiences, evaluate and champion new technologies, and push industry best practices in a high-visibility technical innovation group. The ideal candidate will be passionate about media and technology and have a strong record of building highly effective technical teams, with 7+ years of hands-on enterprise development experience and at least 2 years in a leadership role.
- Develop amazing mobile user experiences
- Iterate quickly and ship code frequently
- Lead a team of engineers to design, develop, test, and deliver software
- Mentor software engineers to improve their technical capabilities
- Manage individual and team project priorities, deadlines and deliverables
- Research and pioneer the adoption and use of new technologies
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years experience in building native mobile applications with Objective-C and/or Swift that have been successfully delivered to users
- Deep knowledge of mobile design patterns and standards, REST and HTTP interaction, and the software development life cycle
- Extensive experience deploying apps to the App Store
- Experience leading a team of software engineers
- A collaborative, flexible, and positive mindset
- An exceptional eye for detail
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English
- Experience with Alamofire, PureLayout, RXSwift, and/or the MVVM pattern
- Android development experience
- Experience with video and streaming technologies
- Experience interfacing with remote software engineers
- Exceptional troubleshooting abilities
- Experience with developing automated internal frameworks or developer tools to increase developer release velocity or improve code health
- Master's degree or further education or experience in engineering, computer science or other technical related field
- Passion and ability to learn other coding languages or technologies as needed
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace.
Job Location Seattle, Washington, United States
Company Location HR.SINCLAIR SEATTLE INTERACTIVE.Remote.Seattle.WA
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Meet Some of Sinclair Broadcast Group's Employees
Ansley reports on stories that focus on the triumph of the human spirit in the face of adversity, people’s hobbies, and local businesses for Good Afternoon Arkansas at KATV.
Back to top