Senior Software Development Engineer - UI
We are one of the largest and most diversified television broadcasting companies in the country. We own and operate programs that provide sales services to more television stations than anyone and we are the leading local news provider in the country. In the digital space, we bring that content to more than 40 million people, and that number is growing. We're building experiences that make content come alive wherever it's delivered. We are creating new technologies that help make media more connected.
We are looking for a Web Developer to help us extend and enhance our platform. This person is an individual contributor who enjoys writing high-quality software as part of a team, a mentor that thrives on growing and improving the team as well as the software, a self-described Maker who loves being able to make decisions that matter, a person that loves watching large complex systems behave well and hates being paged at 3:00am.
- Bring engineering focusand development skills to the team.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve the software.
- Contribute to tools and processes that improve team output and quality.
- Help us become the best team you'veever worked on.
- Several years of software industry experience, showing a steady upward career progression in the art of Software Engineering.
- Deployed and supported software at a large scale,dealing with the problems, failures, and bugs that resulted.
- Strong expertise in severalweb development languages, tools and technologies.
- Established background designing and implementingweb applications, especially Single Page Applications.
- Consistently delivers high-quality software.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills necessary for team collaboration.
- Continually learns and grows as a developer.
- Familiarity with tools we use
- Mocha/Jest(or other testing Framework)
- Experienceusing functional programming concepts
- Experience interacting with RESTful web-services
- Experience withServerless Technologies (AWS Lambda/Google Firebase)
- Experience with Content Management System (CMS)
- Experience with Docker or other Containerized systems
There are few companies that can provide the breadth and depth of audience impact and scope of work that Sinclair can. Sinclair Digital is transforming how television is produced, distributed, and consumed. We are the innovation team for the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country, with more local television stations than anyone and affiliations with all major networks. Our multidisciplinary team works together to create elegant solutions to the complex problems around delivering the most trusted, empathic, engaging, quality news, information, and entertainment to web, mobile, broadcast, and over-the-top (OTT) media distribution to audiences all over the country. Our digital portfolio combines websites, mobile apps, over-the-top (OTT) apps, a content management and publishing platform, and into a seamless user experiences. We run lean, move with agility, and take pride in our charter to transform the Sinclair Broadcast Group from a broadcast-centric company into a omni-platform enterprise while maintaining our corporate entrepreneurial spirit.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Job Location Seattle, Washington, United States
Company Location HR.SINCLAIR SEATTLE INTERACTIVE.Remote.Seattle.WA
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Meet Some of Sinclair Broadcast Group's Employees
Ansley reports on stories that focus on the triumph of the human spirit in the face of adversity, people’s hobbies, and local businesses for Good Afternoon Arkansas at KATV.
Back to top