Senior Software Development Engineer (7092)
ONE Media, a wholly owned subsidiary of U.S.'s largest broadcaster Sinclair Broadcast Group (NASDAQ: SBGI) is responsible for building out a nationwide wireless broadband broadcast network. The nationwide network is based on the new ATSC 3.0 standard adopted by Korea and the U.S. ONE Media is looking for development and deployment experts to lead our national ATSC 3.0 Broadcast Broadband rollout.
ONE Media (A Sinclair Broadcast company) is looking for a Senior Software Development Engineer to lead technical implementation of both services and video development for ONE Media ATSC 3.0 initiative. This will include creating services in the areas of media asset management, content management, and e-commerce. This position will report to the EVP, Strategic development & CTO working closely with the core platform services team, and will be responsible for establishing and maintaining software best practices, coding standards, SOA architecture, and assisting with tool and technology evaluations that will dictate execution for the team. The successful candidate will be passionate about media, technology, have great hands-on technical leadership and communication skills. The right person will drive the technology culture at ONE Media and help steer test-driven development, agile processes, and a design-first engineering culture that is constantly experimenting and learning.
- Demonstrated discipline in architectural design and documentation practices
- JEE or .NET back end experience required
- Digital Video Streaming experience necessary (HLS, HTML5, h.265, HEVC)
- Understanding of relational databases
- Continuous deployment/integration experience
- Experience around content delivery network fundamentals a plus
- Has worked in high availability architecture roles
- Understanding or have practiced SOA Concepts and worked in implemented architectures
- Android and other mobile development concepts a must
- Integrating with Android Auto experience a plus
- Experience with any of the following encoding stacks, Elemental, Wowza, BrightCove, Verizon DMS, FFMPEG, Harmonic
- Have worked in and understand video workflow systems and encode publishing platforms
- Cable television and or OTA broadcasting head end experience a plus
- Development experience with cable / satellite set top box architecture and or other video streaming appliances (smart TV's, Xbox, Playstation, Fire TV, Apple TV, Roku etc.)
- Experience playout scheduling systems and EPG's a plus
- The ideal candidate will have 9+ years of hands on experience with enterprise technologies
- Candidates will also need extensive knowledge around video encoding and OTT broadcast signal delivery
- Proven experience with Flute, DASH, MPEG-2 Transport Stream (TS) and knowledge of ROUTE and MMTP on broadband and mobile wireless networks
- Proven experience with cloud-based infrastructure, scaling, high-availability and secure, mission-critical systems
- Experience with JEE or .NET as a back-end platform, REST and SOAP based web services, automated testing, and UML case tools are critical
- Exposure to concepts such as ORM, NoSQL databases, Relational Databases and schema design, business intelligence concepts and tools, and event-based messaging and distributed architecture will be crucial to success as a leader here
- Exposure to other server-side languages and tools such as Node.js, Angular.js, React are also a plus, particular with regard to presentation
- Heavy exposure to AWS and other cloud-based architecture components, continuous integration, and continuous deployment is also important to us
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Meet Some of Sinclair Broadcast Group's Employees
Director of Digital and National News
Our mission statement is connecting people with content everywhere.
Back to top