Senior Product Manager (8740)
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. The Sinclair Digital team is transforming how we produce, distribute, and consume television. We are the innovation team for the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. We have more television stations than anyone and affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair produces more news than CNN, and programming that reaches 80% of American households. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile, and over-the-top (OTT) broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
As a Senior Product Manager, you will be helping to define the future of the underlying Platform as a Service (PaaS) IT infrastructure for our Storyline content management system, evolving how we produce, publish, and distribute our news and OTT programming across the country, and integrating third party functionality to expand in-house capabilities. You will use a customer-centric approach and innovative thinking to define the product vision, roadmap, and business requirements that will deliver the best user experience to our content publishers and content consumers. You will collaborate with other product managers, business stakeholders, designers, project managers, technology architects, software managers, and external vendors to gain consensus, fulfill your product vision, and turn your ideas into features that delight our users and drive growth in digital media content production.
In this role, you will be accountable for delivering and building product roadmaps, feature matrices, conducting competitive analysis and data analysis for business stakeholders, and socializing product direction often to the entire team on a regular basis. As a Senior Product Manager, you will work within an agile engineering team to define goals, scope and delivery (i.e. What, Why & When) for your area of product responsibility.
You will be expected to clearly communicate goals, roles and responsibilities, and desired outcomes to internal cross-functional project teams, and make appropriate tradeoffs to optimize time-to-market. The right candidate will possess a strong product and program management background, will ideally also have experience in digital content publishing, digital video production and distribution, and highly scalable, highly available network technologies. You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. This means you are not only able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but can also roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done. The person who fills this role will help Sinclair take the lead in media delivery, mobile video, omni-screen entertainment and the future of television experiences.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Product. Lead market research, product definition, and competitive analysis for a portfolio of products.
- Business. Passionate about optimizing a product to achieve the business goals while maximizing return on investment.
- Leadership. Drive product strategy and roadmap in conjunction with executive leadership, sales, and marketing.
- Drive. Drive product vision, strategy, requirements, and execution for Sinclair Digital customer experience.
- Prioritization. Lots of good opportunities. Size them up. Make tough choices.
- Documentation. Create concise yet detailed functional definitions and documentation.
- Alignment. Evangelize, engage with, and educate marketing, engineering, support, and others across the company. Get inside customers' and users' heads, understand how they think and what they need.
- Execution & Support. Resolve issues. Test. Do what it takes for a successful release.
- Monitor & Refine. Forecast and monitor. Develop goal metrics and a plan to get there.
- You've done it before. At least 5+ years of Product Management experience focused on Platforms as a Service (PaaS), digital content management and publication technologies, and video ingest, processing, and distribution technologies.
- You enjoy rolling up your sleeves. User stories? Process logic? Flow diagrams? Detailed functional requirements? You've written those, and secretly love them.
- You've got analytic chops. Strong analytical skills with acute business insight. Opportunity assessments, and performance monitoring. Depth of experience with web analytics, Google analytics, business analysis or comparable analytics.
- You love executing. The long-term roadmap/strategy is key, but without execution there is no way to get there. You are detail-oriented and spend time in the trenches - helping build awesome products and enhancements.
- You are thorough. You turn complex ideas into well-defined, detailed, executable specifications.
- You are self-motivated. You identify and solve problems, you are naturally inquisitive and you work well in a small team.
- You stick with it. Complicated logic, changes in business direction, iterations. You get it done.
- You are a digital media technology geek. You stay up to date on the latest trends and tools in the digital media technology landscape.
- You work well with others. Cross-functional leadership, communication, collaboration.
- Qualified. Ideally you have a bachelor's in computer science/engineering and an MBA.
- Displays responsibility to the customer.
- Display passion for digital media and technology.
- Displays leadership through innovation in everything you do.
- Displays a passion for what you do and a drive to improve.
- Displays a relentless commitment to win.
- Displays personal & corporate integrity.
- 5+ years of Product Management experience.
- Great product intuition and industry knowledge, and an understanding of what makes a Platform as a Service (PaaS) great.
- Previous experience shipping and iterating on successful digital products and services.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills that allow you to make complex ideas understandable for all.
- Experience in online advertising, marketing or business operations.
- Working knowledge of high availability, highly scalable distributed network and infrastructure design, security, and disaster recovery
- Experience with enterprise-class content delivery networks and video infrastructure planning
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Meet Some of Sinclair Broadcast Group's Employees
Director of Digital and National News
Our mission statement is connecting people with content everywhere.
Back to top