Senior News Promotion Producer (9011)
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
WBFF FOX45 has an immediate opening for a Senior News Promotion Producer. Qualified candidates must be able to create, conceptualize, write, shoot and edit on-air promos for our award-winning news department. The ability to work well with a large staff of journalists and creative teams under pressure is a must. You must be passionate about news and current events and it must show in your work. The main responsibility of this member of our creative team will be to write, produce, edit and shoot nightly news topical promos for evening newscasts.
- Attend daily news meetings and work closely with the News and Promotion departments to develop a daily on-air marketing plan
- Work with news producers and research daily promotable news stories
- Write, produce, shoot, and edit daily news topical promos for evenings newscasts
- Produce image and branding campaigns, investigative, sweeps series promos, POPs and other news marketing assets as needed
- Schedule, shoot, and direct on-air talent
- Produce off-air sales and marketing videos as needed
- Produce news promos for social media and online advertising
- Assist with occasional station promotional events and able to work evenings nightly and on rare occasions weekends and holidays
- Other promotion responsibilities as assigned
- A minimum of 2-5 years of experience in on-air promotion or commercial production is required
- A four college degree is preferred
- Experience with field cameras with advanced knowledge of HD cameras and videography, motion graphics and creative lighting techniques required
- Ability to write compelling promotional copy that sells
- Work efficiently under daily pressure of deadlines and still turn out compelling and marketing messages consistently
- Must have non-linear editing experience (Avid, Premier or other non-linear editing)
- Extensive post-production editing experience with the ability to tease a story in an enticing and accurate manner
- A strong understanding of fundamental design, sense of color, typography and composition – experience with Adobe After Effects, Photoshop and Illustrator strongly preferred
- Advanced knowledge of the post-production process, including media management and encoding video to various formats.
- Ability to maintain a variety of projects and work with varying production styles while employing strong television marketing skills
- Must maintain a valid driver's license and good driving record
- Ability to routinely lift, carry and move equipment in excess of 50 lbs
A DEMO REEL IS REQUIRED. When applying online, please include a web link to a demo reel exhibiting your most recent work.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Meet Some of Sinclair Broadcast Group's Employees
Director of Digital and National News
Our mission statement is connecting people with content everywhere.
Back to top