Senior Internal Auditor (8945)
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
Sinclair Broadcast Group is seeking a Senior Internal Auditor. The Senior Internal Auditor performs internal audit work on assigned internal audits. Work involves conducting, financial, operational, and compliance audits under the direction of the Internal Audit Manager or the Internal Audit Director, but with a considerable degree of independence. Also performs testing of internal controls for compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act Section 404. Position requires a working knowledge of internal controls and auditing concepts, and the ability to apply that knowledge.
Responsibilities and Specific Duties
- Assists in planning of internal audits, and SOX 404 work.
- Evaluates the design of internal controls, and performs tests the operating effectiveness of internal controls.
- Tests for compliance with applicable regulations.
- Draws logical conclusions from the results of analysis and tests conducted in the assessment of the design and operating effectiveness of internal controls.
- Performs audit work consistent with department standards and industry practices.
- Participates in the reporting of results of audits to management.
- Works with external auditors to ensure adequate testing and documentation.
- Has a knowledge of and can apply the Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing and the Code of Ethics developed by the Institute of Internal Auditors, as well as SEC, and PCAOB standards related to internal controls..
- Pursues professional development opportunities, including external and internal training and professional association memberships, and shares information gained with co-workers.
- Five or more years of full-time experience in auditing, accounting, or related field.
- Bachelor s degree from an accredited college or university. Degree in a field relevant to the position is desired (e.g. accounting, finance,).
- A relevant professional certification is preferred (e.g. CPA, CIA, CFE).
- Considerable knowledge of and skill in applying internal auditing principles and practices.
- Knowledge of the Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing, the Code of Ethics developed by the Institute of Internal Auditors, and SEC and PCAOB standards related to internal controls..
- Strong oral and written communications skills, including the ability to effectively communicate audit findings to all levels of management.
- Skill in collecting and analyzing complex data, evaluating information and systems, and drawing logical conclusions.
- Experience in using data analytic software such as ACL,IDEA, or Tableau a plus..
- Must be able to travel.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Meet Some of Sinclair Broadcast Group's Employees
Director of Digital and National News
Our mission statement is connecting people with content everywhere.
Back to top