Sinclair is looking for a dynamic, inspirational, and experienced technology executive to lead the enterprise product management team overseeing all major business applications supporting 189 TV stations, 23 regional sports networks, corporate hubs, and satellite offices. This is a highly visible strategic and operational technology leadership role within Sinclair, managing a team of 20+ employees, multiple suppliers and managed service partners. This leader will be front facing with business stakeholders and is accountable for product vision, strategy, lifecycle management, and ongoing support of over 30 enterprise business solutions supporting sales, content, broadcast, sports, and corporate areas. In addition, this leader will champion rollout and governance of SAFe practices across the enterprise.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience building and leading product management and/or scrum teams for large enterprises. Agile expertise is a must - preferably in product or solution management roles, overseeing product roadmaps, backlog grooming, creation and sizing of user stories and acceptance criteria, and working in program increments across a large solution or enterprise SAFe environment.
Customer service, communications, and strategic thinking are key competencies required to drive the delivery of new business capabilities and outcomes. In addition, the ideal candidate must be able to successfully balance hands-on management with strategic planning, stakeholder engagement and supplier/contractor management.
- Oversee product managers, product owners, business system analysts, and scrum master teams
- Direct all product management practices including product & solution road mapping, requirements gathering, user story, and acceptance criteria creation
- Work collaboratively with technology business partners and business stakeholders to prioritize and groom product and solution backlogs
- Effectively communicate product and solution vision, strategy, plans, status, and results at all levels in the organization
- Oversee technical vendor management of 3rd party and/or SaaS-based solutions, aligning roadmaps, managing delivery of enhancements and upgrades
- Oversee end user engagement during release cycles, including identification of user testing strategy, coordinating UAT events, and tracking issues with 3rd party suppliers
- Manage software enhancement triage and high-level assessments, including coordination with development, QA, architecture, 3rd party vendors, and business stakeholders.
- Drive adoption of SAFe Agile practices across technology teams and business stakeholders
- Ensure all product documentation is up to date, partnering with business partners, development / QA, and training to effectively communicate changes to product features and functionality
- Engage with C-Level executives to articulate the value proposition of enterprise product strategy
- Stay abreast of current Agile product and solution management practices and make recommendations based on knowledge and research
- 15+ years of total work experience in a technology strategy and operational role, with demonstrated growth and succession to leadership levels
- 10+ years' experience as a solution or product manager with proven track record of leadership and delivery
- Demonstrable presentation skills balancing content and narrative with a focus on communicating a message appropriate to each stakeholder group
- Excellent articulation, communication, and strong interpersonal skills
- Proven abilities to craft and visualize strategic themes and frameworks, articulating an enterprise strategy connecting all products and solutions
- Experience in leading product management teams at an enterprise level for mid to large-scale organizations
- Expertise in developing statements of work and or license agreements with 3rd party suppliers and software vendors, focusing on implementation, ongoing enhancements, road mapping, and support
- Experience leading teams using measurable objectives and key results to ensure effective execution of organization and department strategies.
- One or more of the following certifications: SAFe Agilist 5.0, SAFE Scrum Master, SAFe Advanced Scrum Master, SAFe POPM, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP), APMG International Agile Project Management (AgilePM), Scrum Alliance Certified Product Owner (CPO), Scrum Alliance Certified Enterprise Coach (CEC), Professional Scrum Master (PSM), SAFe Scaled Agilist (SA) Experience working in a Fortune 500 company
- Master's or other advanced degree in information technology, computer science, or related field
- Deep background with Agile lifecycle tracking tools such as Microsoft Azure DevOps or JIRA
- LEAN/Six Sigma experience and/or certification
- SLAs for high level assessments of product enhancement requests met or exceeded
- Fully staffed organization with clear roles, responsibilities, performance and succession plans
- Baseline documentation for all software products and solutions, maintained quarterly
- Adherence to establish processes for product road mapping, backlog grooming, program increment planning, delivery, and support
- Weekly status reports on all major projects, enhancements, and operational KPIs
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let's talk.