Do you love sports, entertainment, and technology? Are you a problem-solver who likes challenges? Tennis Channel (TC) is looking for a Senior Accountant to join our Finance Team. This role manages important day-to-day accounting functions including monthly close deliverables, accounts payable and expense reporting processes, account reconciliations, etc. within corporate timelines, while supporting operations staff. The Senior Accountant supports the Director of Accounting in all aspects of general accounting.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- General Accounting
- Review monthly overhead expense budget/forecast vs. actuals; record and reverse accrual adjustments as needed
- Review & analyze monthly account analysis and trial balance reports; r econcile and adjust balance sheet accounts as assigned (prior period review)
- Create and review journal entries as necessary to perform responsibilities
- Interact with Tennis Channel department heads, employees, and corporate shared service teams on transactional processes, corporate workflow, policies, and procedures
- Compile internal audit requests and submit schedules for Tennis Channel business unit as required
- Reporting Packages / Fixed Assets / Other
- Review and approve monthly adv ertising sales reports, proposed sales adjustments, and coordinate related processes with internal and corporate resources (e.g., trade barter); r eview and adjust estimated liability related to ADU/underdelivery
- Prepare corporate financial reporting deliverables including annual audit requests, revenue apportionment schedules, and tax filing support
- Coordinate Fixed Asset reporting and assist with the Capital Budget process
- Assist in integration with corporate accounting processes and system upgrade implementation as required
- Other duties, ad hoc analysis, and requests as assigned
- Administration / Review of Payroll and Expenses
- Review & analyze bi-weekly corporate payroll reporting for the TC business unit; facilitate adjustments as required
- Assist in FTE staffing count budget/forecast process and ancillary compensation processes, including but not limited to annual bonus and merit adjustments
- Review and approve certain TC employee expense reimbursements, per diem payments, and accounts payable invoices from a financial control perspective
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or related field
- C.P.A or masters preferred
- At least 5 years of progressive accounting experience
- Entertainment or advertising experience preferred
- Strong communication skills, including ability to write proficient emails to upper/mid management
- Strong organization skills, including using task lists and project planning schedules
- Strong analytical skills
- Must have the ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Must have the ability to complete all entries and duties timely to meet reporting deadlines.
- Must have the ability to provide work free of errors (highly accurate, without frequent revisions)
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel (V-look up, pivot tables, etc.)
- Familiarity with Oracle or similar integrated cloud platform preferred
About Tennis Channel
Tennis Channel is a twenty-four-hour television network, online streaming service and national print magazine circulation dedicated to the sport and its unique lifestyle. The tennis-media hub is home to every aspect of the wide-ranging, worldwide tennis community. Tennis Channel is carried nationwide by every one of the top ten pay-TV service providers.
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. Also, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, our own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open-door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let's talk.
The base salary compensation range for this role is $98,450 to $118,450. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidates' relevant work experience, skills, certifications, and geographic location. Full time positions are eligible for benefits that include participation in a retirement plan, life and disability insurance, health, dental and vision plans, flexible spending accounts, sick leave, vacation time, personal time, parental leave and employee stock purchase plan.