Segment Producer (8988)
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
WJLA/News Channel 8 is seeking a Segment Producer, who will work closely with the morning show Executive Producer to schedule guests and create meaningful and entertaining segments for the morning newscast.
- Responsible for conceptualizing and assembling production elements (video, sound, graphics, content, etc.) for existing and future show segments
- Responsible for all aspects of scheduling guests for both in studio and on-site segments)
- Contribute editorial ideas and create original content and help translate ideas into television
- Assist line producer with organizing calendar of events for potential story coverage
- Assist with writing titles, summaries and tags for all web videos
- With guidance from the Host and Producer use social media to help market the show
- Be able to work well in a fast paced environment
- Education in Journalism, Political Science, or Mass Communications
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Organizational and teamwork skills
- Broadcast news writing experience and excellent news judgment
- Marketing experience or interest in marketing
- Knowledge of US Politics and US Foreign Policy
- Experience editing compelling video and sound
- Previous television experience is preferred
- Non-linear video editing is a plus as is control room experience
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Meet Some of Sinclair Broadcast Group's Employees
Director of Digital and National News
Our mission statement is connecting people with content everywhere.
Back to top