Scheduling Specialist (8549)
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
KATU, Portland OR, seeking a Scheduling Specialist to join our Advertising Support team. We are looking for someone specializing in traffic/continuity in a fast paced environment. The ideal candidate should have excellent organizational skills, be accurate, pay attention to detail, have the ability to problem-solve, and possess good written and oral communication skills.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Program syndicated, local and network shows, ensuring accurate show numbers and Media ID's as per policy
- Shows requiring episode numbers are identified and a system is in place to have then entered
- Ensure shows requiring exact timing are timed out properly
- Verify there are no "gaps" in programming
- Maximize inventory by knowing which programs to "swing" end breaks
- Schedule Program changes in a timely fashion, prioritized as per SASO Best Practices policy
- Maintain format files in traffic system
- Effective communication of information with Master Control departments
- Read discrepancy reports daily and proactively correct any issues
- Demonstrate excellent customer service approach with station personnel
- Support the sales effort while operating within Corporate direction, procedure and guidelines
- Help to create a work environment which motivates fellow employees to contribute to their full potential in pursuit of department and organizational objectives
- Participate in staff meetings to communicate accomplishments, goals and issues
- Actively participate daily communication between SASO Hub and sales management teams in each market
- Strictly adhere to FCC regulations and policies including the Children's Television Act
- Ensure all FCC required announcements are airing in appropriate time periods
- Other duties as assigned
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Meet Some of Sinclair Broadcast Group's Employees
Nicole designs national ad campaigns and sales collateral. She collaborates with other designers to ensure their clients are given strong ad campaigns to showcase their companies.
Back to top