Sales/Marketing Intern (Fall 2017) (8163)
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country today. Sinclair owns and operates programs or provides services to 162 stations located in 79 geographically diverse markets and our Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believes in a vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or are just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
Get real world experience that could give you an edge when you take on the working world. The KOMO Sales and Creative Service teams have an incredible opportunity for an energetic intern who is ready for the challenge. See how we work with the most amazing brands – KOMO 4 News, Univision, Grey's Anatomy, The Bachelor and more – to deliver audiences to advertisers in multi-platform campaigns. We are looking for an energetic and organized student to assist our Promotions Manager and Sales Team. This is a unique opportunity if you are aiming for a career in sales, communications, marketing, or public relations to gain experience in a fast-paced world of advertising.
Goals of Internship:
- Exposure to day-to-day operations of television station; specifically Sales and Seattle Refined teams
- Opportunity to establish relationships with marketing and sales professionals
- Understanding of sales/client relationships and how to sell television, digital and social solutions
- Ability to learn promotion and event coordination as it relates to client and community service events
- Assist Promotion Managers in creation, execution and recap of advertising campaigns
- Gain administrative experience such organizing sales materials, research and documenting for marketing team
- Interact with KOMO & KUNS's Production, Creative Services, and Sales Promotion teams
- Assist in promotional events
- Create presentations and recaps of station promotions
- Promotions/marketing or career interests or other interest in the Communications or Sales Field
- Responsible, positive attitude, directed, dependable, self- starter, strong communication, & writing skills
- Be a MORNING PERSON!
- Be organized and professional – you'll be representing KOMO and your school
- Be able to multi-task and take initiative
- Knowledge of PowerPoint and other presentation software
- Basic knowledge of editing software including Final Cut Pro, Avid, Edius and/or a similar operating system
- Able to commit approximately 15 to 20 hours a week 4 to 5 days a week with potential for evening or weekend events
- Minimum 12-15 hours per week
- This is a paid internship
- We prefer you to receive credit toward graduation for hours worked, but this is not required
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Meet Some of Sinclair Broadcast Group's Employees
Nicole designs national ad campaigns and sales collateral. She collaborates with other designers to ensure their clients are given strong ad campaigns to showcase their companies.
Back to top