Sales Research Director
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
WHAM/WUHF-TV, in Rochester, New York, is looking for a full-time Sales Research Director. This person will interpret three local broadcast television stations' ratings, analyze traffic for digital offerings, and support research to assist Marketing Consultants and Sales Managers in selling the station. The Sales Research Director will assist in the creation of sales materials used by local and national Marketing Consultants, sales assistants, and station management. This position will support sales and management in the generation and achievement of their established goals to sell television spot advertising, digital media and other sales programs. The Sales Research Director will create solid sales presentations and materials that will generate new business for the company.
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in marketing, advertising, or statistics
- High level of proficiency working with Comscore and Nielsen
- Expert level proficiency in all MS Office products, particularly MS Word, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint
- Expert level proficiency with media-related software including AdConnections, Marshall Marketing, KANTAR Media, Google Analytics, or other comparable software.
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop or other creative suites a plus
- Excellent writer and presenter with ability to attend and make sales calls with local Marketing Consultants
- Must be comfortable training staff on new software, measurement techniques, ratings or research developments
- Must be diligent, pay strict attention to detail, and be a self-starter
- A positive personality is essential, as is strong self-motivation and the ability to multitask
- Must be able to work independently and maintain a very high level of accountability
- 3-5 years of experience working inside a mid-size Nielsen RPD+ market
- 3-5 years of research experience working inside a local television station sales department
- An extensive background and knowledge base in television marketing, including competitive media, ratings calculations, estimate preparation, and qualitative measurement
Job Location Rochester, New York, United States
Company Location HR.WHAM.Rochester.Rochester.NY
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Back to top