Sales Planner (7458)
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
The Sales Planner is primarily responsible for developing of all sales plans that meet both the advertiser and networks’ needs. The Ad Sales planner lends support to the sales staff, administering existing deals, coordinating pending deals and following through to closure with all clients.
- Prepare and revise Upfront and Scatter sales plans that maximize the use of inventory while fulfilling agency/client requirements
- Liaise with Sales, Pricing& Planning, Commercial Ops, and Marketing to ensure sold schedules run as ordered, including all media/sponsorship elements
- Deal Maintenance: work closely with Sales and Commercial Ops to manage all preemptions and programming changes – recommend schedules according to availability, generate flow charts to reflect all changes, cancellation option and expansion options
- Stewardship: maintain client schedules to ensure delivery of buy, build/schedule ADU packages as needed, work with Account Service Representatives and Com Ops to manage- preemptions, reaffirmation of quarterly estimates, create account posts
- Account Servicing: key role in stewardship of buy, including communicating directly with appropriate agency counterparts – serve as backup contact if Account Executive is unavailable
- Assist with preparing deal memos, enter deals into On Air and handle all ongoing internal deal maintenance
- Work closely with Inventory Managers to coordinate plan approvals and ADU schedules
- Handle miscellaneous duties as assigned, including coordination of training for Account Services Representative and researching client and account information
- Sales Coverage: call on smaller agencies and clients to gain experience in presenting, negotiating and closing Audience Network business\
- Initiate sales development for advertisers looking for new platforms
- Expand Sinclair client base by reaching out to new clients
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 18 months related experience in media sales or buying
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and internet research
- Strong knowledge of media math and audience metrics
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Meet Some of Sinclair Broadcast Group's Employees
Abiezer directs live productions of KOMO TV’s news segments for viewers across the greater Seattle area. He prepares the news visuals and works alongside producers.
Back to top