Sales / Marketing Internship (Summer 2020)
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
KATU/KUNP-TV has a great opportunity for you! We are looking for an intern for our Sales & Marketing Department for the Summer 2019 quarter/semester.
The KATU/KUNP-TV Sales & Marketing Department has an incredible opportunity for an ambitious intern ready for the challenge! See how our team works with amazing brands - KATU News, Univision Portland, AM Northwest, Afternoon Live, American Idol, The Bachelor and more - to deliver the right audience to our advertisers in multi-platform campaigns and events with television, digital, and social media. We are looking for an energetic, take-initiative, and organized student to assist our Sales & Marketing Team. This is a unique opportunity for a college student aiming for a career in media sales, strategic communications, marketing, or public relations to gain hands-on experience with a variety of media professionals including sales and design.
- Assist team members with research projects, preparing sales presentations and managing details around sales promotions and sponsorships for key station partners.
- Collaborate with Marketing Consultants and Sales Support staff on various administrative duties - including sales order entry, pulling sales reports, managing details around contesting, answering phones and general client relationship management duties.
- Assist with other projects as needed - involving tasks with local/national sales, traffic, and sales/marketing research.
- Coordinate with other departments including local programming, creative services, news and production.
- Must be in their Junior or Senior year at an accredited college or university. Graduate students are also eligible. Applicants must be studying Journalism, Communications, or a related major and should be planning or preparing for a job in broadcasting sales or promotions.
- Must be at least 18 years of age at the time they are accepted into the intern program.
- Must be in good academic standing, as defined by his or her academic institution.
- Must receive academic credit for the internship. They must be registered for college credit at their institution during the quarter or semester in which the internship is performed.
- Should have a career interest in the promotions/marketing fields or in communications, public relations, or sales.
- Should have excellent communication skills (oral and written) and customer services skills with strong professionalism.
- Must have reliable transportation.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Job Location Portland, Oregon, United States
Company Location HR.KATU/KUNP.Portland OR.Portland.OR
Position Type Intern
Back to top