Sales / Marketing Consultant
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all the major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
WPBN is seeking an enthusiastic, highly motivated Marketing Consultant who can connect with clients and help them achieve their business objectives through effective TV and digital advertising. The ideal candidate will possess excellent communication skills, have an enthusiastic and outgoing personality, along with a drive to succeed. Most importantly - we are looking for a hard-working salespeople who want to have FUN at work, make money, and help local businesses grow.
Responsibilities will include:
- Generate revenue for the station and meet monthly goals through effective outside sales techniques
- Develop new business through selling commercial advertising time and other station products by reaching out to local businesses and other advertisers
- Create and present advertising strategies and ideas for local businesses incorporating TV, online and digital mediums
- Provide input on sales promotion ideas to sales management
- Retain current business and develop new business contacts
- Attain budgeted revenue goals through effective solicitations, promotions and service
- Understand the business objectives and advertising strategies of clients and find ways to help them achieve their objectives through effective advertising
- Strong organizational, written and presentation skills
- Proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to build and maintain positive customer relationships
- Competitive, persuasive, energetic and self-motivated traits
- Ability to overcome objections
- Working knowledge of new media, digital interactive initiatives and social media required
- Outside media sales experience preferred but not required
- Enjoy a fast paced environment with a desire to win
- Professional appearance a must
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Job Location Traverse City, Michigan, United States
Company Location HR.WPBN/WTOM/WGTU/WGTQ.Traverse City.Traverse City.MI
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Meet Some of Sinclair Broadcast Group's Employees
Ansley reports on stories that focus on the triumph of the human spirit in the face of adversity, people’s hobbies, and local businesses for Good Afternoon Arkansas at KATV.
Back to top