Sinclair Broadcasting and Compulse integrated Marketing seeks a dynamic Market Sales Manager to help lead our team in Traverse City, Mi. This individual is a forward-thinking leader who specializes in digital process management, and both pre-sale and post-sale efficiencies. This includes mentoring and managing a Digital Sales Coordinator as well as a team of Marketing Consultants. They will also work directly with the General Manager and one other Market Sales Manager in coaching and mentoring the sales team, providing consultative multi-media advertising solutions for local and regional clients. Experience in managing a large number of digital campaigns is required, along with a strong, work ethic, a positive attitude, and superior communication skills. Spot TV management and execution is an additional function of this role.
Be part of leading a team and taking Sinclair's sales force into the future of advertising in paid media.
In this position you will:
- Be the leader in process management from pitch-to-pay, business reviews and helping ensure that our sales team runs as efficiently as possible
- Be a change agent in redefining a traditional Media Sales role
- Maintain a thorough knowledge and understanding of our digital solutions and the process required to launch and optimize those solutions
- Train & manage Digital Sales Coordinator, ensuring campaigns launch accurately and in a timely manner, and are optimized for performance against clients' KPIs
- Communicate and collaborate with other departments at the station as well as Sinclair and Compulse leadership and teams
- Assist the General Manager, Market Sales Manager and MCs with strategizing multi-media advertising solutions for local, regional and national clients
- Assist with client facing Business Reviews as needed
- Assist in training and motivating sales personnel
- Create and execute strategies and plans to support revenue goals by establishing annual, quarterly, and monthly plans that align with station budgets
- Help effectively price spot inventory and manage order flow
- Provie and assist with Corporate reporting
- Five years' experience in Digital Management
- Hands on digital sales and operational background required
- Working knowledge of current Digital Interactive and Social Media products
- Ability to balance a significant portfolio of TV and digital products
- Capacity to learn new products and adapt to change in a fast-changing advertising environment
- Effective relationship building, customer service, communication and negotiation skills
- Strong, energetic and positive leadership skills
- The ability to coach, mentor, and motivate a diverse group of support and sales team members
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in a challenging, faced-paced environment
- Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SELL/Zendesk, Wide Orbit, and STRATA experience preferred
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let's talk.