Research Manager - Automotive (6858)
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country today. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to 173 stations located in 81 geographically diverse markets and our Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
Sinclair Broadcast Group is looking for an Automotive Research Manager to collect and circulate relevant industry information both internally and to our auto dealer clients. Additionally, we need someone who can contextualize qualitative and quantitative audience data and assist in the creation of sales materials used by local and national Account Executives and station management. The ideal candidate will be very knowledgeable in all facets of automotive marketing and will have a solid foundational knowledge of broadcast and digital audience measurement tools. We're looking for a category expert to connect dots and add value to our dealer relationships. If you're an experienced auto category researcher, we're interested in talking to you.
Specific Duties include:
- Find, interpret and distribute meaningful category insights to internal and external clients
- Analyze Sinclair audience data and provide meaningful analysis
- Develop standardized pre/post sale research process
- Coach local research staff on auto specific strategies and tactics
- Uncover and present leading edge data channels and research tools
- Contextualize standard post sale dashboard analytics
- Interpret anecdotal inbound data stream from local market experience
- High level of proficiency working with Nielsen Media Research, Comscore/Rentrak and Google Analytics data
- Expert level proficiency in all MS Office products, particularly MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent writer and presenter with ability to attend and make sales calls when needed
- Must be comfortable training staff on new software, measurement techniques, ratings or research developments
- Must be diligent, pay strict attention to detail and be a self-starter
- Must be able to work unsupervised and still maintain a very high level of accountability
- Proactive nature is a must
- Expert in data driven storytelling
- Strong understanding of automotive ecosystem and application of relevant data sets
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, English or Statistics or equivalent experience
- 3-5 Years of experience working inside a mid- to large-size meter-diary or LPM market
- Expert level background and knowledge base in television and digital marketing including competitive media, ratings calculations, estimate preparation and qualitative measurement
- Excellent communication, presentation, planning, analytical, and problem-solving skills
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Meet Some of Sinclair Broadcast Group's Employees
Nicole designs national ad campaigns and sales collateral. She collaborates with other designers to ensure their clients are given strong ad campaigns to showcase their companies.
Back to top