Research Intern (7587)
Tennis Channel (www.tennischannel.com) is the only 24-hour, television-based multimedia destination dedicated to both the professional sport and tennis lifestyle. Tennis Channel holds the telecast rights to, Wimbledon, Roland Garros (French Open), Australian Open, ATP Masters Series, the Davis Cup and Fed Cup. Tennis Channel is carried by nine of the top 10 MSOs, Verizon FiOS TV, and has a national footprint via DIRECTV and DISH Network.
The Tennis Channel’s Internship Program offers unpaid academic credit only. Our internships are during entire semesters not just breaks/vacations. A letter indicating that you are eligible to receive academic credit must be submitted. In return, you’ll receive hands-on experience in an exciting, fast-paced sports entertainment TV Network environment covering one of the most electrifying games in the world today – TENNIS! Our program offers terrific opportunities for students in academic programs with concentration in entertainment and/or business. Completion of our internship program does not guarantee employment by Tennis Channel. This internship reports to our SVP of Research in our Santa Monica office. Participation in this internship will aid in your analytical and story-telling skills through the use of qualitative and quantitative data. Projects are focused on audience trends and originate within various departments of the Tennis Channel including Ad Sales, Programming, and Affiliate Marketing. Nielsen Reporting is the key tool used to study audience trends and viewership. The data you collect and analyze has potential to be used throughout the company as a whole to aid in widespread decision-making and business growth.
Daily responsibilities are on a project by project basis and may include but are not limited to the following:
- Aid in analysis and storytelling through the use of qualitative and quantitative data gathered using Nielsen, Ipsos, Rentrak/Comscore, Gfk MRI and other data sources
- Undertake projects to keep management informed of trends in audience behavior for Tennis Channel and competitors
- Retrieve, interpret and utilize audience data and consumer behavior for use in ad sales presentations and reports
- Assist in building analyses, reports and PowerPoint sales presentations to support programming, scheduling, tennis industry relations and other areas
- Excellent analytical skills
- Average or better math skills
- Superior knowledge of Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
- The ability to multitask with a multitude of projects that have varying deadlines
- Accuracy and fact-checking proficiency
- Willingness to listen and learn
- Above-average attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to intern at least 3 days/24 hours a week
- Must be currently attending an accredited institution and registered for college credits at this institution during the quarter or semester, in which the internship is performed
- Must be in good academic standing, as defined by the academic institute
- Must be at least 18 years of age at the time of acceptance into the program
HOW TO APPLY:
Please apply at Tennis Channel Careers. Also include a cover letter and two work samples such as writing projects, audio files, videos (these can be graded class assignments or published work) by including their respective links.
This is an un-paid Internship. Internship time at Tennis Channel must be coordinated with the student’s respective college or university for academic credit under the sponsorship of the educational faculty.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Meet Some of Sinclair Broadcast Group's Employees
Abiezer directs live productions of KOMO TV’s news segments for viewers across the greater Seattle area. He prepares the news visuals and works alongside producers.
Back to top