Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
WEYI / WSMH, the NBC and FOX affiliates in Flint, MI, is looking for a take-charge Reporter! We are seeking a motivated, energetic, creative, and aggressive reporter who can think and perform outside the box. The ideal candidate will have a great work ethic and a can-do attitude. We are looking for someone who can win the big story every day, in a competitive news market! The person in this role will need to demonstrate great fact gathering and storytelling skills on all platforms: on air, online, social media, and mobile.
- General assignment and live newscast reporting
- Developing enterprise stories and source contacts
- Developing story ideas and gathering information for newscasts
- Applicants must have a degree in journalism or a related field
- Proven knowledge and experience working with current media creation tools and contemporary newsroom systems is required
- Must have at least 2 years of experience as a reporter at a commercial TV station
- Prior experience with ENPS and nonlinear editing
- Strong writing and copy editing skills are a must
- Must be able to work well under deadline pressure
- Sound writing skills
- Ability to manage deadlines, break stories, and develop sources
- Ability to work independently is critical
- Outstanding news judgment
Please include a web link to your work. If you don't have a web link, please send a non-returnable DVD to:
WEYI-WSMH TVAttn: News Director3463 W. Pierson RoadFlint, MI 48504
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Meet Some of Sinclair Broadcast Group's Employees
Nicole designs national ad campaigns and sales collateral. She collaborates with other designers to ensure their clients are given strong ad campaigns to showcase their companies.
Back to top