Regional Human Resources Manager (8455)
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
Sinclair Broadcast Group is seeking a Regional Human Resources Manager to provide direct support and guidance to designated locations within our mid-US region. The home location for this position will be in Arlington, VA from one of our best facilities, WJLA-TV and NewsChannel 8 television stations.
The Regional HR Manager will oversee, consult and problem solve HR responsibilities along with local HR representatives and Managers and work closely with Corporate HR management on specific initiatives. Enthusiasm, great communication and attention to detail are must have attributes for this position. Visits to other TV stations including some overnight travel will be required. Duties and responsibilities will be based on providing support to multiple television stations in all functional areas of HR, including but not limited to the following:
- Assisting the best employees in broadcasting.
- Managing HR operations within a region and functioning as an on-site HR representative
- Coaching and advising management on issues such as employee performance and development, addressing employee concerns, and disciplinary actions
- Investigating complaints
- Addressing and resolving HR matters
- Ensuring compliance with federal and state employment regulations, including FMLA, FLSA, ADAA, and EEO
- Labor relations
- Interpretation and application of policies and procedures
- Administration of leave
- Providing guidance on recruitment and hiring
- Conducting new hire orientation
- Providing guidance to employees on benefit programs
- Conducting employee exit processes, including exit interviews
- Safety and workers compensation
- Personnel recordkeeping
- Conducting field visits and HR audits
- Follow through with and execute Corporate HR assignments and initiatives
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related program of study.
- 7+ years of HR generalist experience. Broadcast or related media and labor relations experience preferred.
- Ideal candidate will have strong problem solving skills, able to work independently and have excellent communication skills.
- Solid experience with Microsoft Office is expected and Oracle HRIS experience is a plus.
Sinclair Broadcast Group is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and a drug free workplace
Meet Some of Sinclair Broadcast Group's Employees
Nicole designs national ad campaigns and sales collateral. She collaborates with other designers to ensure their clients are given strong ad campaigns to showcase their companies.
Back to top