Recruiting Assistant (8642)
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
Want to join a Company that places a high value on human resources and hiring? What about working with some of the coolest and FUN HR professionals around? Do you like the idea of working in a department where our unofficial motto is to 'work hard and laugh every day'? If this is you, keep reading.
We are creating a new position in our awesome HR department that will focus on offering support to corporate and our stations in our recruitment efforts. You will be busy but we promise you will be in a FUN environment where you will learn lots of new stuff!
The HR department for Sinclair Broadcast Group is looking for a Recruiting Assistant who will be an integral part of the Employment team for the following duties:
- Handle the posting process for all locations in the company's FCC compliance management system, build and maintain applicant source lists by researching and contacting community services, colleges, employment agencies and internet sites
- Partner with hiring managers to create effective job postings and job descriptions. Review and post vacancy announcements to company website and other job boards
- Assist with pre-screening resumes and conduct phone screens for Corporate positions
- Complete reference checks for all corporate positions and for station positions as needed
- Prepare and send offer letters and letters of regret as well as handle any pre-employment background and drug testing for Corporate positions
- Assist hiring managers with following the hiring process and provide support where needed
- Conduct new hire orientations
- Be expert in the Company's ATS, assist locations with support issues and provide regular training webinars to new users
- Assist stations as needed with recruitment efforts by finding alternate places to post jobs and screening resumes
- Handle internship program at Corporate
- Maintain user lists for all recruitment systems
- Assist with FCC audits when necessary
- Other recruitment and HR duties as assigned
- BA/BS degree in related field with strong desire to work within the recruiting function of HR
- 1 year experience or related internship
- Highly detail oriented, organized, able to multi-task and handle multiple priorities
- Strong proficiency in MS office suite (Excel, Word and PowerPoint), Internet and ability to learn new systems
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, ability to convey information and provide training to all levels within the organization
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Meet Some of Sinclair Broadcast Group's Employees
Nicole designs national ad campaigns and sales collateral. She collaborates with other designers to ensure their clients are given strong ad campaigns to showcase their companies.
Back to top