Radio Promotions Assistant (Part-Time) (8720)
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
KPLZ Radio (STAR 101.5), KOMO Radio and KVI Radio, in Seattle, Washington, is seeking a detail-oriented part-time Promotions Assistant. We are looking for someone who has strong written/oral communication skills to assist the radio promotions department with event implementation, special projects and other daily duties.
- Assist in daily prize fulfillment
- Maintain and distribute promotions calendar on a weekly basis
- Work with KPLZ Programming Assistant/Music Director on correspondence with record labels including, but not limited to music requests, thank you's/confirmation of receipt, giveaway requests, etc.
- Assist in preparation for station events including loading vehicles
- Assist in post event process (unloading vehicles, drawing enter to win winners and fulfillment, downloading photos, etc.)
- Assist with keeping station vehicles clean & maintained
- Assist with client and promotional partner recaps at the conclusion of events and contests including pulling air checks, screen shots, and other pertinent information
- Act as liaison between radio station and public – answering email and voicemail messages
- Order supplies for Promotions department
- Assist in the training of new interns
- Provide necessary support in absence of interns and/or Promotion Coordinators
- Work at station events as needed
- Process charity requests
- Assist with organizing and keeping storage areas clean and organized
- Assist with special projects such as Teacher of the Week, Bikes for Kids, etc.
- Any other job related duties or projects as assigned by supervisor or management
- Ability to work flexible hours, including nights & weekends
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous radio experience
- Valid Wash. State Driver's License with good driving record required
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word for Windows and Excel
- Experience in related department at radio station preferred
- Excellent organizational skills
- Good communication skills (telephone, written, verbal)
- Good public relations and customer service skills
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Degree in marketing, communications, or related field preferred
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Meet Some of Sinclair Broadcast Group's Employees
Director of Digital and National News
Our mission statement is connecting people with content everywhere.
Back to top