Purchasing Assistant (8576)
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
Sinclair Broadcast Group has an exciting and immediate opening for a Purchasing Assistant.
Essential Job Functions:
- Process Contracts submitted by the Business Units and seek cost savings opportunities where possible
- Work with Corporate Departments to submit, process and distribute vendor contracts
- Submit requisitions in Purchasing system on behalf of other business units, as necessary
- Assist with administering various vendor programs across the company
- Work with Purchasing Director to identify sourcing projects to complete each quarter
- Assist with maintaining purchasing catalogs for accurate product offerings, descriptions and pricing, using Microsoft Excel and Oracle tools
- Prepare surveys to send to Business Units to gather feedback on supplier performance and other areas as needed
- Assist Strategic Sourcing Agents on cost savings sourcing initiatives, including data gathering, analysis, etc.
- Work with preferred vendors to obtain quotes and negotiate pricing and contract business terms
- Address and resolve vendor issues as it pertains to contract obligations, including service levels, product/service quality, and pricing
- Provide support to business units regarding contracts submittal, purchasing processes, and policies
- Bachelor's Degree in any of the following business disciplines: Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Operations Management, Procurement, or similar.
- At least 1 year professional experience in an office setting
- Must be willing to travel, if necessary
- Must be punctual
- Must be able to maintain a courteous, professional working relationship with employees and stakeholders
- Great verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills and willingness to learn new e-tools and resources
- Ability to work independently and on a team
- Proficient in MS Outlook, Word and Excel
- Must be organized with strong attention to detail
- Willingness to be flexible and adapt to changing job requirements
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Meet Some of Sinclair Broadcast Group's Employees
Director of Digital and National News
Our mission statement is connecting people with content everywhere.
Back to top