KUTV, Utah's #1 news station is seeking a part time Assignment Desk Editor to join our growing team and support all facets of our news department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• This person is responsible for generating and developing news stories.
• Other duties include monitoring scanners, court documents, viewer tips, phone calls, social media sources, and other local and national news sources.
• Responsible for assigning field crews and coordinating coverage plans with TV and digital producers and managers, and assisting reporters in gathering information for stories in progress.
• Must be able to assess the importance of current events, react quickly to breaking news, and communicate effectively with staff members.
• Must be forward looking to assist in planning for future events and needed follow-ups heading into the next shift.
• Must be proficient with various social media platforms.
• Other duties may be assigned.
• Demonstrates an ability to adequately balance the demands of the news desk (email, phones, court checks, beat checks, planner management, story prep) while accommodating reporter and producer requests, and any special projects.
• This position requires consistent ability to recognize and pitch stories that are important to our viewers and make for compelling television.
• Experience is always welcomed, but success in this position is more reliant on the ability to thrive under pressure, think on your feet, and be on the constant lookout for the next big story.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We're at the forefront of NextGen technology, enabling innovative new ways to engage with broadcast content like never before. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let's talk.