- Birmingham, AL
WBMA/WJSU/WCFT is a trusted brand providing the market with local news, weather, sports, entertainment and social media content. We help grow the most talented people in television. You have the opportunity to work with a team filled with spirit, passion and imagination. We are currently seeking a full time Promotions Producer! This position reports to the Promotion Manager.
- Producing Syndicated episodic promos, news topical promos, targeted special report promos, news and station image promos, special event promos, billboards, snipes, IDs, Proof of Performance, outside media promos including radio, cable and digital formats, and other on air content as needed for the stations.
- Create and maintain the "brand" identity in the market
- Demonstrate strong producer skills to further department creativity and to create sales and support material
- Write captivating copy targeted to your audience
- Actively engage in multiple social media platforms
- Participate in station events (appearances within the community, etc.)
- High School Sports: Serve as Time Out Coordinator and Sideline Coordinator at live broadcasts of high school football and basketball
- Log Editing: Serving as backup for filling traffic logs with promotion inventory which includes knowledge and proficiency in OSI or other traffic systems
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Required Skills and Experience:
- Must be able to create, conceptualize, script, shoot, and edit cutting edge promos while also managing deadlines
- At least two years of promotion experience is required
- Proficiency with Avid and Photoshop programs
- Excellent verbal, written, and organizational skills
- Ability to be a team player and work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to understand and utilize social media effectively and strategically
- Basic professional shooting skills and experience in news promotion are a plus
- Advanced skills in After Effects is a plus
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let's talk.
Back to top