Project Manager (7319)
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
Sinclair Digital is looking for a Technical Project Manager to help track multiple projects for the Product Development Team. This consists of tracking daily, sprint, and forecasted activities. Additional responsibilities involve scheduling agile team meetings, facilitating the Scrum of Scrums, working closely with the Product team, and preparing for the start and stop of sprints. He or she will report to the Director of Program Management. The successful candidate will be passionate about media and technology and have great communication skills. The Project Manager will help steer agile driven development teams in a culture that is constantly experimenting and learning.
Candidate needs proven experience as a technical project management, leading agile teams, and working in a fast-pace, high energy, and collaborative environment. Exposure and experience with Jira and spreadsheet tools required. Candidate must be very organized and methodical. Candidate should be a thoughtful leader that can identify opportunities to change and drive making improvements.
- 7-10 years’ experience as a Technical Project Manager
- Experience as a Scrum Master and leading scrum ceremonies required
- Experience in generating project/program reports for executive management
- Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
- High degree of competency with project management including, Agile methodology, identifying and managing risks, tracking dependencies and milestones, and communicating overall project status.
- High energy and a positive outlook with the passion to make things better at every opportunity.
- Excellent collaboration at all levels, with crisp and compelling verbal and written communication skills including presentation skills and listening skills with the ability to present complex technical information clearly and concisely to varying audiences.
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- A deep understanding of software development in a team, and a track record of shipping software on time
- Advanced skills in Excel
- JIRA & Confluence experience required
- AWS and or equivalent cloud based project management experience
- Experience with multi-tier applications
- Understanding of High Availability Architectures
- Create new detailed process and architectural documentation
- Understand Continuous Deployment/Integration concepts for application development
- Can create, read and understand detailed process and software architectural documentation
- Have worked in an operations organization and understand platform support and development
- Have been involved with JAVA based software development and open source platforms
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Meet Some of Sinclair Broadcast Group's Employees
Abiezer directs live productions of KOMO TV’s news segments for viewers across the greater Seattle area. He prepares the news visuals and works alongside producers.
Back to top