Marquee Sports Network will be the Chicago-region's exclusive network for fans to view live Cubs games beginning with the 2020 Major League Baseball season and will also feature exclusive Cubs content and other local sports programming. In partnership with Sinclair Broadcast Group, we bring together one of the most iconic sports franchises in the country with one of the largest television broadcasting companies. Go Cubs! Play ball!
We are looking for a skilled Programming Director. Be one of the first hires and score this ground floor opportunity in this newly created cable channel where you will help shape the development of dynamic programming solely dedicated to the Cubs.
- Collaborate with General Manager to drive the creation of content strategy and lead the team to execute across multiple platforms
- Lead and oversee all projects associated with the acquisition and development of original programming for the Cubs network
- Develop, execute, and align multi-platform content strategies based upon current and emerging trends
- Lead a fully integrated content-producing department that includes original content, programming, digital media and social media
- Establish a close partnership with Sales to create unique opportunities and solutions for advertising clients
- Stay keenly aware of what is most and lease effective among competitors both locally and nationally
- Make diligent effort to gain awareness within the syndicated programming market in terms of both content and pricing to ensure the most beneficial economic terms for MSN when acquiring programming
- Utilize research, analytics, and industry trends to enhance engagement and retention across multiple platforms
- Own the full development process and lead the collaboration between external clients and internal partners
- Increase efficiency and productivity through operational integration and technical innovation
- Communicate a unified vision, clear direction, and shared goals across all content-producing groups
- Identify, recommend and develop opportunities within the program schedules
- Develop and maintain close relationships with network content and revenue partners
- 7+ years in television or cable programming development
- Experience in project management to include leading creative projects and initiatives at a highly successful company
- Exceptional organizational skills and high attention to detail. Must be able to generate high-quality material in a fast paced, dynamic environment; manage multiple projects at once; and flexibly respond to rapidly changing priorities in order to meet the dynamics of a competitive marketplace.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Root for the Cubs!
Job Location Chicago, Illinois, United States
Company Location HR.MARQUEE SPORTS NETWORK.CHICAGO.CHICAGO.IL
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Back to top