Production Planner (8602)
Based in Raymond, Maine, Dielectric LLC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and is a leading provider of innovative broadcast products. From remote stations to major markets, Dielectric delivers products for every need since 1942 and prides itself on being a solution-oriented engineering company. The Company is a trusted partner of broadcasters worldwide. We design, engineer, and manufacture antennas, combiners, switches, diplexers, transmission lines and waveguides for television, and FM radio. We collaborate with the consultant community, as well as with its customers' engineering staffs, to design advanced and reliable antenna systems.
We are currently seeking a full-time Production Planner to join our team. The planner is responsible for planning and establishing production schedules and monitoring materials inventories, tracking progress of production, and reviewing factors which affect schedules. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a manufacturing environment. The successful candidate will be able to rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals; a certain degree of creativity and latitude is required. Works under general supervision.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Prepares department schedule to establish sequence and lead time of each operation to meet shipping dates set by customer
- Analyzes production specifications and plant capacity data to determine manufacturing processes, tools, and human resource requirements
- Plans and schedules workflow for each department and operation according to previously established manufacturing sequences and lead times
- Plans sequence of fabrication, assembly, installation and other manufacturing operations for guidance of production workers
- Confers with department supervisors to determine status of assigned projects
- Expedites operations that delay schedules and alters schedules to meet unforeseen conditions
- Prepares production reports and lists of required materials, tools & equipment
- Prepares purchase orders to obtain materials, tools & equipment
- Strong interpersonal and negotiating skills; exceptional organizational skills
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- ERP experience a must, Oracle experience a plus
- Able to work across functions
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Detail oriented; analytical with strong problem solving abilities
Dielectric is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and a drug free workplace!
Meet Some of Sinclair Broadcast Group's Employees
Director of Digital and National News
Our mission statement is connecting people with content everywhere.
Back to top