Our Production Assistant/Post PA(Logger) learns and grows within our production team. Our Production Assistant/Post PA(Logger) has sports production experience or general interest in sports production. Sports, in particularly tennis, offers hugely inspiring story lines across the globe. Our Production Assistant/Post PA(Logger) embraces this with us, and works hard as part of a smart team of journalists and producers. They will work closely with live and post production.
We're looking for a part-time Production Assistant and/or Post PA (Logger) and this individual will work in our Santa Monica office. Must be open to working unusual hours as well as weekends, holidays, and overnights.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Works as a Runner / PA in a live control room, assists with anything the production needs.
- Logs the action in live and taped tennis matches using Avid Media Central. This includes clipping all tennis matches match points. Uploading clips for our Social Media and Digital Team.
- Supports studio producers in the preparation of rundowns for live TV shows.
- Manages media after live shows and throughout the various tennis tournaments.
- Transcoding our Pre/Post show on the web as a podcast.
- Often times we ask that you pick up the catered meal from restaurants near by. Or we may ask for you to do a crafty run.
- Accessible transportation for errands on demand
- Thorough communicator
- Helpful team member but takes initiative when working independently
- Must be able to respond quickly under tight deadlines and adapt to changes with a good attitude
- Knowledge of Tennis and the ability to identify professional tennis players is a major plus
- Experience using Avid, EVS or working in a live control room/production
- Experience in logging media and pulling footage
- Keen attention to detail for properly maintaining media and organizing tasks
- Sharp focus, adaptable, self-motivated and driven personality
- Comfortable taking direction from multiple producers and editors
- Expected hours of work must be open to working unusual hours as well as weekends, holidays, and overnights. Flexible schedule is appreciated but not required.
- Ability to lift and maneuver up to 25 lbs. of gear and equipment
- Comfortable taking ownership and responsibility for delegated work
- Positive attitude
About Tennis Channel
Tennis Channel is a twenty-four-hour television network, online streaming service and national print magazine circulation dedicated to the sport and its unique lifestyle. The tennis-media hub is home to every aspect of the wide-ranging, worldwide tennis community. Tennis Channel is carried nationwide by every one of the top ten pay-TV service providers.
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. Also, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, our own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open-door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let's talk.
The base hourly compensation range for this role is $15.96 to $17.00 per hour. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidates' relevant work experience, skills, certifications, and geographic location.