Production Assistant-Freelance (8272)
Tennis Channel is the only 24-hour, television-based multimedia destination dedicated to both the professional sport and tennis lifestyle. A hybrid of comprehensive sports, health, fitness, pop culture, entertainment and travel programming, the network is home to every aspect of the wide-ranging, worldwide tennis community. It also has the most concentrated single-sport coverage in television. Tennis Channel is carried by nine of the top 10 video providers.
Tennis Channel Inc. is part of the Sinclair Broadcast Group. The Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country today. Sinclair owns and operates programs or provides services to 173 stations located in 81 geographically diverse markets and our Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
Tennis Channel is seeking a freelance Production Assistant to support the On-Air Promos/Creative Services department at our office in Santa Monica, CA and studio in Culver City, CA. The ideal candidate is passionate about tennis and sports media. This role requires strong organizational skills and keen attention to detail. In return, you will have the opportunity to gain experience in the areas of television marketing, production, and network traffic.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Supports daily operations of on-air promos department
- Assists with finding elements (footage, stills, graphics, music) for projects
- Maintains music cue sheets and footage usage information
- Searches for and maintain pop and library music database for projects
- Assists with scheduling editors, producers and voiceover sessions
- Assists with entry and scheduling of promos into Broadway traffic system
- Assists with quality control and delivery of materials created to both internal and external clients
- Assists with writing, producing and editing on-air promos and marketing videos as needed
- Assists with coordinating remote shoots as necessary
- Assists with coding, submitting, tracking and organizing department invoices
- Logs, transcribes and digitizes footage as needed
Skills and Qualifications:
- Passionate and knowledgeable about professional tennis and sports media
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented
- Knowledge of basic media production terminology and equipment
- Previous experience in television On-Air Promos, Traffic or Sports Production extremely helpful
- Skilled using MS Office Applications (Excel, Word, Outlook) for presentations and internal documents
- Familiarity with editing programs such as Avid, Adobe Premiere, Final Cut Pro helpful
- Experience using Broadway or other traffic/on-air scheduling software helpful
- Experience dealing with and processing invoices and scheduling personnel helpful
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Meet Some of Sinclair Broadcast Group's Employees
Director of Digital and National News
Our mission statement is connecting people with content everywhere.
Back to top