Production Accounting & Finance Internship
Tennis Channel (www.tennischannel.com) is the only 24-hour, television-based multimedia destination dedicated to both the professional sport and tennis lifestyle. Tennis Channel holds the telecast rights to, Wimbledon, Roland Garros (French Open), Australian Open, ATP Masters Series, the Davis Cup and Fed Cup. Tennis Channel is carried by nine of the top 10 MSOs, Verizon FiOS TV, and has a national footprint via DIRECTV and DISH Network.
About Tennis Channel Internships
The Tennis Channel's Internship Program offers unpaid academic credit only. Our internships are during entire semesters not just breaks/vacations. A letter indicating that you are eligible to receive academic credit must be submitted. In return, you'll receive hands-on experience in an exciting, fast-paced sports entertainment TV Network environment covering one of the most electrifying games in the world today - TENNIS! Our program offers terrific opportunities for students in academic programs with concentration in entertainment and/or business. Completion of our internship program does not guarantee employment by Tennis Channel.
Production Accounting & Finance INTERNSHIP (Santa Monica, CA)
This internship is in our Santa Monica office, and is designed to expose you to various areas of production and programming accounting and finance. The goal is to boost timely and accurate reporting and business management for the production and programming departments. You can contribute to this end by helping us stay organized and work on new efficiencies. At the end of your internship we hope you will understand how this production finance department operates and where you think you'll fit in should you choose a career in sports television.
Requirements ( All must be met ) :
- Must be currently attending an accredited institution and registered for college credits at this institution during the quarter or semester in which the internship is performed
- Must be in good academic standing, as defined by the academic institution
- Must be at least 18 years of age at the time of acceptance into the program
- Minimum commitment: 2 full days of work per week (10 - 20 hours)
- Code invoices & assist departmental invoice approval process
- Code, reconcile, and review expense reports for accuracy & completeness
- Maintain freelance rate sheets
- Work alongside the Production Team playing a key role in cost management
- Assist Production Accountant and Production Accounting Manager with special projects (as needed)
- Prepare and process weekly time cards and start paperwork for production/programming freelancer payroll
- Coordinating heavy volumes of deal memorandums for non-staff production personnel.
- Assist Production Accounting Manager and Finance department month-end accrual journal entry and account reconciliations
- Assist Production Accounting Manager with Production's annual budgets, quarterly forecasts, and annual cost trend analysis
- Review yearly project cost account codes
- Assist with annual VAT submission
- Intermediate Excel skills
- Must be detail-oriented, organized, and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Must be apt with problem solving skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
HOW TO APPLY :
Please apply at Tennis Channel Careers (https://tennischannel-careers.silkroad.com/). Also include a cover letter and two work samples such as writing projects, audio files, videos (these can be graded class assignments or published work) by including their respective links.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Job Location Santa Monica, California, United States
Company Location HR.TENNIS CHANNEL, Santa Monica, CA.Tennis.Santa Monica.CA
Position Type Intern
Meet Some of Sinclair Broadcast Group's Employees
Ansley reports on stories that focus on the triumph of the human spirit in the face of adversity, people’s hobbies, and local businesses for Good Afternoon Arkansas at KATV.
Back to top