Product Manager (8739)
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. The Sinclair Digital team is transforming how we produce, distribute, and consume television. We are the innovation team for the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. We have more television stations than anyone and affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair produces more news than CNN, and programming that reaches 80% of American households. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile, and over-the-top (OTT) broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
As the Product Manager for our Insights platform, you will be helping to define the future of our data platform and underlying IT infrastructure, evolving how we capture and make accessible the metrics and measures that will drive key business decision making. You will use a user-centric approach and innovative thinking to define the product vision, roadmap, and business requirements that will deliver the best user experience to our business stakeholders, content publishers, and the other product managers. You will collaborate with other product managers, business stakeholders, data scientists and business analysts, designers, project managers, technology architects, software managers, and external vendors to gain consensus, fulfill your product vision, and turn your ideas into features that delight our users and drive growth in digital media content viewership and production.
In this role, you will be accountable for delivering and building product roadmaps, feature matrices, conducting competitive analysis and data analysis for business stakeholders, and socializing product direction often to the entire team on a regular basis. As a Product Manager, you will work within an agile engineering team to define goals, scope and delivery (i.e. What, Why & When) for your area of product responsibility. You will ideate, scope, and define projects involving data integration, data architecture, and business analysis, translate stakeholder business needs into detailed business/functional requirements that drive our data platform development, and provide subject matter expertise on industry trends for data analytics-related technologies.
You will be expected to clearly communicate goals, roles and responsibilities, and desired outcomes to internal cross-functional project teams, and make appropriate tradeoffs to optimize time-to-market. The right candidate will possess a strong product and program management background in delivering data platforms and products, will ideally also have experience in digital advertising and in current web and mobile technologies. You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. This means you are not only able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but can also roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done. The person who fills this role will help Sinclair take the lead in media delivery, mobile video, omni-screen entertainment and the future of television experiences.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Product. Lead market research, product definition, and competitive analysis for a portfolio of products.
- Business.Passionate about optimizing a product to achieve the business goals while maximizing return on investment.
- Leadership. Drive product strategy and roadmap in conjunction with executive leadership, sales, and marketing.
- Drive. Drive product vision, strategy, requirements, and execution for Sinclair Digital customer experience.
- Prioritization. Lots of good opportunities. Size them up. Make tough choices.
- Documentation. Create concise yet detailed functional definitions and documentation.
- Alignment. Evangelize, engage with, and educate marketing, engineering, support, and others across the company. Get inside customers' and users' heads, understand how they think and what they need.
- Execution & Support. Resolve issues. Test. Do what it takes for a successful release.
- Monitor & Refine. Forecast and monitor. Develop goal metrics and a plan to get there.
- You've done it before. At least 2+ years of Product Management experience, ideally on consumer facing digital products, and 2+ years focused on data collection and analytics that drove business decisions, with familiarity of machine learning and with data mining.
- You enjoy rolling up your sleeves. User stories? Process logic? Flow diagrams? Detailed functional requirements? You've written those, and secretly love them.
- You've got analytic chops. Strong analytical skills with acute business insight. Opportunity assessments, and performance monitoring. Depth of experience with web analytics, Google analytics, business analysis or comparable analytics.
- You love executing. The long-term roadmap/strategy is key, but without execution there is no way to get there. You are detail-oriented and spend time in the trenches - helping build awesome products and enhancements.
- You are thorough. You turn complex ideas into well-defined, detailed, executable specifications.
- You are self-motivated.You identify and solve problems, you are naturally inquisitive and you work well in a small team.
- You stick with it. Complicated logic, changes in business direction, iterations. You get it done.
- You are a data geek. You stay up to date on the latest trends and tools in the data science technology landscape.
- You work well with others. Cross-functional leadership, communication, collaboration.
- Qualified. Ideally you have a bachelor's in computer science/engineering/mathematics/statistics/information systems and an MBA.
- Displays responsibility to the customer.
- Display passion for data analytics and digital media and technology.
- Displays leadership through innovation in everything you do.
- Displays a passion for what you do and a drive to improve.
- Displays a relentless commitment to win.
- Displays personal & corporate integrity.
- 2+ years of Product Management experience.
- 2+ years of Data Science/Analytics experience.
- Great product intuition and an understanding of what makes a user experience great.
- Previous experience shipping and iterating on successful products.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills that allow you to make complex ideas understandable for all.
- Experience in digital media production, and online advertising, marketing or business operations.
- Demonstrated track record in product development/management, preferably on data and analytics products and solutions.
- Experience in product management, leading teams building data and analytics services, products, and solutions
- Experience partnering with external vendors to create data and analytics products and solutions
- Understanding of data collection and analytics technology (some keywords are BigQuery, Amazon RedShift, Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Looker, Tableau, SAS, R, Hadoop, Spark, SQL, Excel)
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Meet Some of Sinclair Broadcast Group's Employees
Nicole designs national ad campaigns and sales collateral. She collaborates with other designers to ensure their clients are given strong ad campaigns to showcase their companies.
Back to top