The NewsON Product Manager will define the future of local TV news by building video news products for consumers on Mobile and Web platforms. Youwill bring a customer-centric approach and innovative thinking to define the NewsON product vision, roadmap, and requirements that will deliver the best user experience while delivering on business objectives. You will also work with development teams to ensure that they achieve the product vision for the NewsON products.
You will collaborate with other product managers, business stakeholders, advertising and digital product sales and marketing teams, data scientists and business analysts, designers, project managers, technology architects, software managers, and external vendors to gain domain knowledge, build consensus, develop your product vision, and fulfill that vision by turning your ideas into features that delight NewsON users and drive growth in digital media content viewership.
You will be expected to clearly communicate goals, roles and responsibilities, and desired outcomes to internal cross-functional project teams, and make appropriate tradeoffs to optimize time-to-market. The right candidate will possess a strong digital product management experience and some project/program management background. In addition, the ideal candidate will have domain expertise with digital content publishing, and digital video production and distribution.
You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. This means you are not only able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but can also roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Lead all aspects of the product lifecycle, including strategy, product requirements definition, design, competitive research, forecasting, launch plans, testing, and future enhancements.
- Work with internal groups (Operations, Technology, Sales and Marketing) and external stakeholders to gather input, understand business priorities and communicate product roadmap.
- Create and manage all documentation related to the product including roadmap, business and functional requirements, wireframes, test cases and bug list/tracking.
- Work with 3 rd party vendors to lead the development process, including product testing and release management.
- Monitor and analyze key performance metrics as well as identify and measure the impact of new features. Regularly track product performance and success metrics, and report them to stakeholders.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to coordinate matters related to video content, troubleshooting and improving the overall video and product experience.
- Evaluate and establish/maintain new capabilities needed to build and manage digital products.
- Demonstrable success developing B2C mobile and/or web products.
- Experience in preparing requirements including input from key internal and partner stakeholders.
- Experience with managing 3rd party development vendors.
- Experience with agile and waterfall development approaches.
- Familiarity with TV ecosystem including content, advertising and metrics.
- Demonstrable experience of product execution skills, having led at least one cross-functional team to develop and launch a consumer-facing product.
- Displays responsibility to the customer.
- Displays passion for digital media and technology.
- Displays leadership through innovation in everything you do.
- Displays a passion for what you do and a drive to improve.
- Displays a relentless commitment to win.
- Displays personal & corporate integrity.
- 2+ years of Digital Product Management experience, with particular depth in mobile applications and cross-platform web development.
- Good understanding of the overall user experience across various mobile platforms.
- Detail-oriented, with strong analytic and research skills.
- Strong problem identification skills and ability to break down a problem into smaller parts.
- Previous experience working at, or with, media companies or partners of these companies; local media knowledge also preferred.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
Job Location Seattle, Washington, United States
Company Location HR.SINCLAIR SEATTLE INTERACTIVE.Remote.Seattle.WA
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Back to top